Restaurants

Started by Slim, October 28, 2022, 09:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickslikk2112

Being as we were going to Brum to see Rick Wakeman, Mrs S suggested we make an early weekend of it and pay a return visit to Purnell's restaurant - can't believe it was 2016 when we first went.

It's kept its Michelin star since then, but we've eaten at better 1* places since, All the dishes are well done and have interesting flavours, but nothing stands out - apart from the Desserts. I'm more of a savoury man, but Glynn's Burnt English egg custard surprise "10/10/10" which made the Great British Menu Banquet one year is stunning. Can't say cold custard does anything for me, but this is stunning, served with a Pistachio Ice cream and Beignet. The Mint Choccy Chip is no slouch either, served with full on Prog Rock dry ice :)

Slim

Quote from: Slim on October 28, 2022, 09:54:10 PMI thought a thread for restaurants and other eating establishments might be in order.

Today, 'er indoors and I went to a place called Stella's Kitchen, featured in a Hairy Bikers episode about a year ago, for lunch.

Sad news this morning that Dave Myers (left) has shuffled off this mortal coil at the age of 66, after being diagnosed with cancer two years ago.

As well as being well-known for cookery / travel shows, he and the other one used to present a rock programme on Planet Rock.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan