Spirits

Started by Slim, May 09, 2022, 10:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Tried an English whisky while on holiday called Cotswolds Single Malt.

Similar to Highland Park or the Macallan, not my favourite sort of whisky but pleasant. Good to know that, when the time comes that you need a passport to cross the hard border north of Berwick, we won't be dependent on imports for a wee dram.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Slim on March 28, 2023, 06:17:18 PMTried an English whisky while on holiday called Cotswolds Single Malt.

Similar to Highland Park or the Macallan, not my favourite sort of whisky but pleasant. Good to know that, when the time comes that you need a passport to cross the hard border north of Berwick, we won't be dependent on imports for a wee dram.

We? Should I be feeling a bit unwelcome? 😉🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿😁

Slim

My stepdaughter very kindly brought a bottle of Jura round for my birthday today. I would never buy a 70cl bottle of Scotch for myself now, simply because I am unable to discipline myself to drink it at a sensible rate.

It's very nice though, I must say.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

Quote from: Slim on July 09, 2023, 10:14:04 PMMy stepdaughter very kindly brought a bottle of Jura round for my birthday today. I would never buy a 70cl bottle of Scotch for myself now, simply because I am unable to discipline myself to drink it at a sensible rate.

Was the Jura Superstition?
From The Land of Honest Men

Slim

Quote from: Fishy on July 10, 2023, 05:43:05 PM
Quote from: Slim on July 09, 2023, 10:14:04 PMMy stepdaughter very kindly brought a bottle of Jura round for my birthday today. I would never buy a 70cl bottle of Scotch for myself now, simply because I am unable to discipline myself to drink it at a sensible rate.

Was the Jura Superstition?

It's this one. As you can see I was good last night and only had a couple. I've been known to hoover up an entire 70cl bottle over two nights, although not for quite a few years now.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Had dinner at a bistro pub a few miles away this evening. Nice. Instead of dessert, I thought I'd have a Scotch. I asked the young waitress if they had any Glenlivet. "I'll go and find out!" she says, very helpfully.

About four minutes later she returns and says "the only Scotch whisky we've got is Jamesons".

I thought this was highly unlikely, not least because Jamesons isn't a Scotch whisky. So I wandered round to the bar to have a look for myself. They had about six different single malts, including two varieties of Laphroaig and Talisker. But no Glenlivet. I settled on the Macallan. I've tried it before (I think it was the bog standard 12YO) and didn't much like it. Found it a bit nondescript. But it was alright. I wasn't quite in the mood for an Islay or similar.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan