Main Menu

Toyah & Robert's Sunday Lunch

Started by Slim, October 25, 2022, 07:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

I gather from this article that Toyah and Robert will be (somehow) touring their 'Sunday Lunch' experience this autumn.

Apparently these videos have upset some King Crimson fans. Never been a huge fan myself, but does anyone really give a toss? I don't really see that Robert's penchant for frivolity in the present day compromises his status as one of the important figures in progressive music.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

pxr5

I watched a few of these at the time and they seemed just a bit of harmless fun to lift the spirits. Toyah was looking hot in some of those clips too. So King Crimson fans are upset are they, who really cares? I'd probably call myself a fan and I don't give a toss what they do. Bob Fripp doesn't care either -  "At age 76, why should I give a f---? This is my life." Good on them I say.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Thenop

I quite enjoyed these clips. They had a Saturday eve Agony Aunts bit as well which was quite enjoyable.
No harm will come of this of course...I think it's great both of them enjoy theirselves so much doing this. Fripp has a bit of a reputation being all serious and a bit grumpy. Well, imagine if Peart would have lived still and did this, what would the Rush community have had to say about that..?

David L

Quote from: Thenop on October 26, 2022, 05:09:14 AMI quite enjoyed these clips. They had a Saturday eve Agony Aunts bit as well which was quite enjoyable.
No harm will come of this of course...I think it's great both of them enjoy theirselves so much doing this. Fripp has a bit of a reputation being all serious and a bit grumpy. Well, imagine if Peart would have lived still and did this, what would the Rush community have had to say about that..?
I'd have reserved judgement until I'd seen Carrie's rack  ;)

captainkurtz

He openly admits he adores his wife.  That's about as rock and roll as it gets, as far as I'm concerned.

David L

Quote from: captainkurtz on October 26, 2022, 07:04:09 PMHe openly admits he adores his wife.  That's about as rock and roll as it gets, as far as I'm concerned.
Looks like he spends a considerable amount of money keeping her adorable  ;D  ;)

Thenop

Of all the April fools jokes... ;D