Scratching That Rush Itch (Rash)

Started by The Picnic Wasp, October 11, 2022, 11:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Picnic Wasp

Sometimes, because of some thought trigger or other, or sometimes seemingly for no apparent reason, a Rush song will come to mind and I feel the need to listen to that track with a degree of urgency. Yesterday 'Halo Effect' bubbled to the surface of my brain and stayed there until I managed to have a listen. I thought this thread might be worth a visit for such times.

R6GYY

My most recent example of this was Available Light.

I've got a different earworm at the moment. I know it is by Jean-Michel Jarre, but I don't know the title of the track.

R6GYY

Quote from: R6GYY on October 11, 2022, 01:08:46 PMI've got a different earworm at the moment. I know it is by Jean-Michel Jarre, but I don't know the title of the track.
Got it - Equinoxe Part V

Sorry for going off topic.

Move along now, nothing to see here . . .

Fishy

I rarely get a Rush itch these days I'm sorry to say...
From The Land of Honest Men

Slim

Last time I felt the need to listen to a Rush tune it was for nostalgic reasons really, a sort of brief vacation in the past. And it was Something for Nothing. Maybe a month ago although I did play a couple of other tunes from 2112 since then.

But I rarely get an itchin' to rock, or indeed the season of the itch.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nickslikk2112

I'm with Fishy.

I'm getting on in life, there's still too much other music out there to find and listen to.

The Picnic Wasp

I shall plough this furrow alone 😂

pxr5

Sorry TPW, I'm with the others. I rarely get that 'itch' for some Rush (Rash). If I ever do it would be LVS which I never tire of hearing.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

captainkurtz

Listen to them all the time.  In contrast to others, I have neither the time nor patience to listen to new stuff.  I want the comfort of stuff I knew and grew up with.  Any 'new stuff' I listen to is invariably old stuff that I've just discovered or haven't heard before.

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: captainkurtz on October 11, 2022, 05:58:19 PMListen to them all the time.  In contrast to others, I have neither the time nor patience to listen to new stuff.  I want the comfort of stuff I knew and grew up with.  Any 'new stuff' I listen to is invariably old stuff that I've just discovered or haven't heard before.

Thank you.

Nick

I never tire of Subdivisions, other than that haven't played them in a long time.

Matt2112

As an unabashed fanboi I definitely get this itch.

Usually I'll put on a live track from one of the Blu-rays, but watch it on YouTube cos usually I can't be arsed going to all the trouble of sticking in an actual disc.

I also occasionally re-appraise the albums on CD in the car, but that can end up spanning weeks if there's nothing else taking my fancy at the time.

Slim

Quote from: captainkurtz on October 11, 2022, 05:58:19 PMListen to them all the time.  In contrast to others, I have neither the time nor patience to listen to new stuff.  I want the comfort of stuff I knew and grew up with.  Any 'new stuff' I listen to is invariably old stuff that I've just discovered or haven't heard before.

But you do like the new Paolo Nutini, no?
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Take A Friend

Making breakfast this morning. No idea why it suddenly started playing in my head.

Ali

Only fairly sporadically for me, most recently triggered by seeing Rushed play a cracking 3 hour free gig in the Swinging Arm rock pub, in Darkest Birkenvegas 😂

This prompted me, after a mere 40 years, to finally decide that Permanent Waves is actually my favourite album by the boys (for me, the golden period was 76-81)