Premier League, 2023-24

Started by Slim, August 12, 2023, 01:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

My prediction for a 3-0 victory for City last night proved to be spot on, so I'll take a stab at the top of the table after the 38th game.

1. Manchester City
2. Manchester United
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Changed my mind:

1. Manchester City
2. Manchester United
3. Newcastle
4. Arsenal

But I'll stick with that.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

1 Man City
2 Arsenal
3 Man Utd

4th will probably be between Chelsea, Liverpool and Newcastle and it's possible that one or more could push Arsenal or Utd down.

Chelsea have appointed well in Pochettino but they still seem to have a scattergun approach to transfers. It seems they will be getting both Caceido and Lavia which seems crazy. With no European football and a large squad all believing they should be in the first 11. That will be tough to manage. The loss of Nkunku for a lengthy period will also hurt.

Chelsea going for both of those defensive midfielders means that Liverpool are deficient in that area. If they can't find someone in the next couple of weeks they will struggle.

Howe has a settled squad and will be looking to build. Its a competitive league though and they'll be doing well to maintain their place.

Matt2112

This reminds me of the familiar gag:

1. It
2. Makes
3. No
4. Sense
5. To
6. Predict
7. Who
8. Will
9. Finish
10. Where
11. In
12. Such
13. A
14. Competitive
15. League
16. As
17. The
18. Premier
19. League
20. Luton Town

dom

Sheffield Utd and unless they get their act together, Wolves, could well finish below Luton

dom

Chelsea look like they have made another 3 purchases, adding to an already bloated looking squsad. Caicedo, Lavia and potentially Olise. Wonder if these are all Pochettino sanctioned purchases? Is this the final nail in the coffin for financial fair play?

Whatever, I really hope Chelsea have a miserable season

Slim

United have had a rotten start, 6 points from 5 games. I think 2nd place is unlikely now, if for no other reason than that Liverpool and Spurs are already 7 points in front of them.

Decent start for Forest though, given that staying up will do very nicely. They should beat Burnley tonight at home for 9 points from the first 5 encounters.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

Yeah, Liverpool are performing much better than I expected, United much worse.

Chelsea are not performing, certainly based on how much they've spent. They are a young squad and one hastily put together so I suppose there's bound to be a bedding in period. The longer it lasts the better!

Newcastle have had some tough opening fixtures and have struggled as a result.

Spurs seem to have found something. I wonder if Kane is regretting his move. At least he won't be facing Arsenal next Sunday, he always scores, even it's generally via a dodgy penalty