Main Menu

Arsenal

Started by dom, July 17, 2022, 02:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Here's a prediction - Poch will not be managing Chelsea at the start of the 24-25 season.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

I like it. I think Boehly will probably want out if that comes to pass as it will mean (in all probability) that Chelsea have had a terrible season

dom

Nice to start the season with a bit of silverware. Yes it's only a glorified friendly and the win was only achieved on penalties after a 102nd minute deflected goal led to an equaliser. But a win is a win, especially against Guardiola's City. Team looked solid too.

dom

Was at a family christening today and missed most of the game. I did hear most of the 2nd half on the journey home. The last thing I heard on the radio as I ran into the house, was something like this game feels like it is destined to finish 1 - 1.

Virtually the first thing I saw when I got the tv on was Garnacho putting United 2 - 1 up.

What a finish to the game! If the rest of the game was like that I missed a corker! Perhaps a little harsh on United but that's football!

dom

So another win for Arsenal, without being over-convincing.  They have struggled at Goodison over the last few years so any kind of win was welcome.

It seems though that the team is not fully clicking at the moment.  Hopefully the combination of Champions league football and the North London derby will get the team running on all cylinders

dom

Good win last night and it was a great performance.  True,  PSV granted Arsenal forwards a lot more space than they are used to in the Premier League but they took full advantage.   Good prep for Spurs at the weekend!

Thenop

Quote from: dom on September 21, 2023, 09:19:53 AMGood win last night and it was a great performance.  True,  PSV granted Arsenal forwards a lot more space than they are used to in the Premier League but they took full advantage.   Good prep for Spurs at the weekend!

Stupid psv coach will never learn. He does this to all his teams, stubbornly holding on to something everyone sees does not work. And then he surprised he is let go before the season is over.

Good win for the Gunners.

dom

Good if not pretty win for Arsenal against bete noir City.

All the more satisfying that it happened even with the ref and VAR doing their job. Kovacic should have seen red and could have been dismissed twice but only received a single yellow. There does seem to be a certain leniency given to City with regards to yellow and red cards over the last few seasons. You don't need much of an imagination to picture what would have been the result had Xhaka or Caseimiro been the perpetrator.

Scrappy goal but I'll take it. Only fly in the ointment is that Arsenal are behind Spurs on goals scored. How long 'til they become 'Spursy' again?

Slim

Arsenal 1 up against Liverpool at half time - you've got to think they need to avoid defeat to stand any chance of winning the league. If they lose they'll be 8 points behind Liverpool.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Oh I typed too soon .. 1-1 in the third minute of stoppage time in the first half.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

1 feck up apiece. Was nervous beforehand as that was a must win!

dom

Nice to return to this thread to see we could have been 8 points behind Liverpool in February!

Very tense game tonight, certainly gave my stent a bit of a working over. (Wonder what's more demanding on it, climbing a tough hill or watching extra time and then a penalty shootout? )

Great mentality from the Arsenal penalty takers. Nerves of steel!

Wonder who do we get to play in the quarters?

dom

Not a game for the neutral today, but with my red lenses I was very impressed with Arsenal's organisation and application defensively.

Would have liked a little more going forward for Arsenal especially against a weakened City defence.

9 games to go. All to play for.

Slim

Listened to the game while on a bike, very good point for Arsenal
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

4 games to go and still all to olay for.

Can Brighton do to City what Everton did to Liverpool? Season kind of hinges on City not getting 3 points tomorrow and again when they play Spurs.

Arsenal have 2 tough away matches at Spurs and Man U.  We need to win both of those as well as both home fixtures. 2 points dropped in either WHL or old Trafford might not be fatal but any more will be for sure