Inflation/cost of living

Started by Nick, August 09, 2022, 06:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

I have one every day. I never shower unless I'm in a hotel that doesn't have a bath.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on August 25, 2022, 10:39:36 PMI have one every day. I never shower unless I'm in a hotel that doesn't have a bath.
Whaaaat? You're killing the planet man!  ;D

David L

Just announced - the new energy price cap will be £3549. People are definitely going to have to choose between heating or tattooing

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: David L on August 26, 2022, 07:08:19 AMJust announced - the new energy price cap will be £3549. People are definitely going to have to choose between heating or tattooing

Can't see any Tattoo parlours going out of business...

Maybe people will have false nails on every other finger :)

David L

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on August 26, 2022, 10:03:55 AM
Quote from: David L on August 26, 2022, 07:08:19 AMJust announced - the new energy price cap will be £3549. People are definitely going to have to choose between heating or tattooing

Can't see any Tattoo parlours going out of business...

Maybe people will have false nails on every other finger :)
And perhaps only one lip filled with cow fat

Fishy

Downsizing my home lab to one ESXi host with local storage running various virtual machines...to save on electricity
From The Land of Honest Men

Basspedalman

Quote from: Fishy on August 28, 2022, 11:53:01 PMDownsizing my home lab to one ESXi host with local storage running various virtual machines...to save on electricity

I wish I had a clue what that meant........  ;D

pxr5

OK, energy bills are capped at £2500. I fixed at £251 a few months back - so I'll be paying more than the cap. I wonder what will happen to people like me who fixed - hopefully a penalty free transfer to the capped price. I do wish it was the actual Unit price that's discussed not an average cap.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

David L

Inflation for September - 10.1%

Slim

At the moment we have the central heating on only for an hour or so in the morning, although I use a fan heater intermittently in my study while I'm working. The weather's pretty mild at the moment, though.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on October 27, 2022, 10:44:48 AMAt the moment we have the central heating on only for an hour or so in the morning, although I use a fan heater intermittently in my study while I'm working. The weather's pretty mild at the moment, though.
We've all been lucky in that the temperature has been unseasonably warm. Our central heating has hardly come on over the last few days (stat set just over 20 degrees).
 Due to change towards the middle of next month, I believe.

Pudders

Quote from: David L on October 27, 2022, 02:11:29 PM
Quote from: Slim on October 27, 2022, 10:44:48 AMAt the moment we have the central heating on only for an hour or so in the morning, although I use a fan heater intermittently in my study while I'm working. The weather's pretty mild at the moment, though.
We've all been lucky in that the temperature has been unseasonably warm. Our central heating has hardly come on over the last few days (stat set just over 20 degrees).
 Due to change towards the middle of next month, I believe.

Ours is set to 18 - not come on at all so far. Obviously once temp drops to 18 in the house I'll knock another degree off ;)

The Picnic Wasp

Still monsoon season in these parts, so only have the central heating on for short bursts occasionally to stave off the cold damp feeling. Been using the log burner in the lounge most nights which has been enough for comfort, and to keep the macaw happy as the fire cools down overnight. I think there is a lot of log burner activity in my area now, judging by the nice firewood smells when I'm out with the dogs. Local authorities might not like that but I reckon it seems healthier than the stuff buses and lorries belch out.

David L

Quote from: Pudders on October 27, 2022, 02:45:40 PMOurs is set to 18 - not come on at all so far. Obviously once temp drops to 18 in the house I'll knock another degree off ;)

Blimey! It must be 'woolie pullies' in the Pudney household. Brrrrrrr!

David L

ONS reports average gas prices have dropped 60% in the week to 23rd October  :o