Thor: Love And Thunder

Started by R6GYY, August 05, 2022, 05:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R6GYY

Terrific entertainment. Sadly I missed the opportunity to see this in Imax, so it was a 'standard' 2D showing for me.

I was so pleased to get back to the cinema after a period away.

So, to the film. Well, I can't say I'm a big fan of Russell Crowe but he steals the scene with his turn as Zeus, complete with dodgy Italian accent.

I was looking forward to Christian Bale's turn as the bad guy in this (Gorr the God Butcher no less) and was not disappointed. A very good performance from the get go.

Oh yes - keep your eye open for a small role for Matt Damon :)

There are some truly spellbinding visual moments to behold here, and the action is what you have come to expect.

And if you stay for the credits, you will be treated to 2 scenes, and also a real aural treat in the form of the late great Ronnie James Dio's Rainbow In The Dark.

No spoilers from me here, but I do recommend this after the failure (in my eyes) of Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness.

p.s. I thought the goats would be annoying, but they added to the fun!

pxr5

Watched tonight. Pretty good and some funny bits here and there. It sort of fizzled out at the end but enjoyable overall nonetheless. Some nice cameos too - I'll give it 7/10
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."