Main Menu

Sherwood

Started by R6GYY, July 24, 2022, 04:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R6GYY

We finished watching this (on iPlayer) last night, and what a very rewarding watch it was too.

I believe that there was some grief about some incorrect footballer reference in the 1st episode, but that didn't bother us in the slightest as we have zero interest in that sport.

This fictionalised version of real events (names changed for example, and not sure how much 'fact' was changed to make good drama) was 6 episodes of slow burning character study and glimpses of the past in an ex-mining Nottinghamshire town.

The real events in question were 2 murders and manhunts that took place in Nottinghamshire in 2004. The series depicts this, along with the tensions that are brought to the fore again regarding events of 1984 during the miners strike.

This is the kind of TV that the Beeb do so well - featuring a whole host of faces that you will recognize. A great ensemble cast with a special mention to someone who I am not familiar with - the actor (Adeel Akhtar) who plays Andy Fisher. I thought his performance was excellent portraying quite a tormented soul (although there are more than one of those in this).

Anyway, highly worth investing your time in.

Splendid.