Charles

Started by Slim, February 06, 2024, 04:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Rather than continue the conversation in a general thread, I thought a dedicated topic was in order - that way folks who aren't really keen on following the news can easily avoid it.

Harry turning up in London makes me wonder if it's actually life-threatening, though the PM's comments this morning that it's been "caught early" suggest otherwise.

Apparently on the Today programme this morning someone claimed that "everyone who has cancer will feel the King has thrown his arm around them", what absolute bollocks. I'd be more likely to feel kicked in the teeth given the attention he's getting and the speed with which he's managed to get treated.

By the way I saw my first conspiracy theory on the subject just now: https://twitter.com/MattersInformed/status/1754880869964083242

"If Charles really had cancer, Harry would have been told weeks before the press".

Anyway I have to wonder why we're not being told what sort of cancer it is. Just "a form of cancer". That seems odd.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

Quick to say it wasn't connected to the prostate treatment he'd had recently.

It shows a change in connection with the media.  I doubt we would have heard much about this for quite a while had it been the previous monarch.

Would be a good media exercise to find someone who has been diagnosed with the same type of cancer as Charles, who was reliant on the NHS for treatment, and how things pan out for the King and the relative pauper

Nickslikk2112

Hope it's being treated homeopathically.