Weather Watch

Started by Slim, July 18, 2022, 10:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

Storm Pia seems like it's been sat in for at least a week now, trying to ruin the festive spirit.

It won't succeed, but I do wish it would fck off now. :-\

Thenop

Storm Pia ruining the Christmas spirit (AI image)

Slim

13C here today, very mild.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Matt2112

Quote from: Thenop on December 24, 2023, 06:45:46 PMStorm Pia ruining the Christmas spirit (AI image)

Quite like that, it has a "Lynchian" quality to it.

pxr5

Woke up this morning to a blanket of snow - pretty deep too. I love it, my missus hates it  :D
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Thenop

Quote from: pxr5 on January 16, 2024, 10:11:23 AMWoke up this morning to a blanket of snow - pretty deep too. I love it, my missus hates it  :D

Snow here as well, not much, enough to cover the streets. I like it, if I don't have to go out (by car).
One of the dogs goes nuts, the other doesn't want to go out.

Matt2112

Yes, had a dusting of about an inch's worth which made the village (and the views from it) look quite picturesque.

As a bonus I was due to WFH anyway so avoided having to drive through any potentially dicey patches.

Slim

59 mph wind forecast for Sunday at 11pm:

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Storm Isha seems to be beginning to make its presence felt. Just back indoors after doing my best to secure all the loose items the builders left lying around on Friday afternoon. Disappointing as all they seem to talk to me about is the weather. I imagine they'll not be too concerned in the pub this afternoon as they look forward to their Monday off.

Slim

Seems a lot quieter here now. Another windy day tomorrow, though
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

Rain starting now.. to be windy later
From The Land of Honest Men

Fishy

Kin hell.. really windy last night.. still pretty gusty and rainy. I wish January would just fuck off now..

Least it's pay day..
From The Land of Honest Men

The Picnic Wasp

A neighbour's large tree blew down last night. It was growing two gardens from mine, completely engulfed my next door neighbour's garden taking down two BT cables and landing on my fence and greenhouse. To top it off, the tree belongs to a house just sold which is currently still unoccupied. I just went back to bed due to this horrible chest cold, just grateful that it was someone else's problem. Hopefully the landscape builder working at mine can lop our remaining tall tree. It's a shame but just not worth the worry if these storms are going to keep coming at us.

Slim

The fence we share with our neighbour to the left sort of half blew down during the storm; it was left leaning over our garden at a 45 degree angle in the middle. But he's had someone come to take a look with a view to fixing it while we were out yesterday and now there's a whole fence panel missing, so I guess it was a bigger job than anticipated.

I'm not 100% sure it's his fence to be honest .. might be ours. I must try to dig out the deeds.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Thenop

I am sitting here, at the horses on the land, zero degrees and a full sun is out.
This is nice!