Weather Watch

Started by Slim, July 18, 2022, 10:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishy

From The Land of Honest Men

Thenop

31 degrees and no wind to speak of, and I am not far from the sea. Not good for me, I am a coldblooded person. Unfortunately the warm weather will be with us for a little while.
So time to slow down and adjust my pace (which I am bad at).

Nickslikk2112

Got to about 28 degrees here, not much wind. As each year goes by I find hot weather harder to take, I'll soon be one of those moaning old folk who I despised.

But one thing I am good at - apart from when cycling - is slowing down. I can easily settle to a life of sloth :)

Thenop

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on July 30, 2024, 07:05:05 PMI'll soon be one of those moaning old folk

Time might have gone faster than you think it has  ;D

Slim

Went to London for the day, stinking hot. But I quite liked that in a way, reminded me of my first summer there in 1995.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Thenop

Quote from: Slim on July 30, 2024, 08:10:04 PMWent to London for the day, stinking hot. But I quite liked that in a way, reminded me of my first summer there in 1995.

The smell of simmering tarmac. And then they say fossil fuels are no good!

Matt2112

I like stepping off the train at King's Cross and feeling how much warmer the air is than at Leeds.

Slim

I don't understand today's weather forecast. The headline is "light rain", yet at the same time there's 0% chance of rain all day.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Matt2112

Quote from: Slim on August 03, 2024, 11:03:38 AMI don't understand today's weather forecast. The headline is "light rain", yet at the same time there's 0% chance of rain all day.

It's the BBC fulfilling their DEI quotas.

Fishy

Chucking it down  here.. just awful..

Thenop

28 degrees and rising, tomorrow 33.
Kill me now.

Fishy

Must be 30s here in Tenerife .. wall to wall sunshine..

David L

Quote from: Fishy on August 11, 2024, 01:18:04 PMMust be 30s here in Tenerife .. wall to wall sunshine..
Same here  ;)

Thenop

Quote from: Thenop on August 11, 2024, 01:09:35 PM28 degrees and rising, tomorrow 33.
Kill me now.

Unbelievable, I am still alive. It is 21.35, the sun went under a while ago and it is still 30 degrees. This going to be a very long and sleepless night.

Matt2112

Predictably and consistently hot and sunny in Paphos with a breeze that feels like bliss when it occasionally manages to be more than a breath.

For the time we've been here the weather apps seem to agree the actual temperature is 32-34 Celsius (and that's from a "properly-shaded thermometer" of course), however it certainly "feels" hotter due to the high humidity - and this is where the apps significantly disagree: Accuweather's "Real Feel" temp is 40C, whereas the ever-vigilantly fact-checking BBC says it "Feels like 46C", which is 115F :-\

I'm inclined to think in reality it's the former, as the latter would surely be almost immediately intolerable.