Weather Watch

Started by Slim, July 18, 2022, 10:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Rain here in Devon, sky black, bit like a sauna.

Nickslikk2112

It's hit 100F in Chesterfield today. Didn't think I'd ever see that.

David L

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on July 19, 2022, 02:55:37 PMIt's hit 100F in Chesterfield today. Didn't think I'd ever see that.
I see you had a large crop fire there. Get yerself in The Tramway Tavern!

Rufus_the_dawg

36 today in mid wales. cooling down now.

Too hot for Squash.

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: David L on July 19, 2022, 03:17:08 PM
Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on July 19, 2022, 02:55:37 PMIt's hit 100F in Chesterfield today. Didn't think I'd ever see that.
I see you had a large crop fire there. Get yerself in The Tramway Tavern!
I'm not leaving the house, all the local roads are melting! I'm sitting in a dark corner with an ice pack on my head!

Rufus_the_dawg

do you mean you have taken off the stupid hat, or is the ice under the hat? justa wondering.

Just been out its much cooler, watered the pot plants, they were dying.

Nick

The rain came and went with a clap of thunder, now back to baking hot

pxr5

I've just checked the thermometer outside and it's plummeted to 25 degrees. Right, central heating and jumpers on.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

dom

Quote from: Rufus_the_dawg on July 19, 2022, 04:32:33 PM36 today in mid wales. cooling down now.

Too hot for Squash.

Apart from the orange or lemon varieties!

Matt2112

And look what it's done to that spire! Blimey. :o

Slim

Feels warmer here in my mancave / place of work than it did yesterday morning. But it's a lot cooler outside.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Matt2112

Walked the little Miss to school this morning and, have to say, the cooling westerly breeze felt very pleasant.

The forecast for the next few days looks similarly favourable - it's still t-shirt weather!

Nick

Back to normal here, overcast and drizzly. Still in my shorts though.

Nickslikk2112

It was warmer in out house than yesterday, up from 26.5C to 27C, but I've managed to get it back to 25.5C now.

Was still about 25C outside on my ride this morning, but now down to 22C.

Glad that's over for another 3 years.

Slim

Still feels too warm in the house, even with windows open. I suspect the brickwork is still radiating heat accumulated from last night, like a Nightstor heater (remember those?)
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan