Main Menu

Football

Started by Slim, February 26, 2022, 07:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Talk of a "blue card" for tactical fouls and dissent, where a player would get sin-binned for 10 minutes. Footy's getting to be like Formula 1, different rules every season.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

Just seems like another unnecessary complication. It will inevitably come down to interpretation and will just cause more confusion and discontent. And how will it fit into the current system - Will 2 blues equal a red, and/or will a blue and yellow equal a red for example?

David L

Quote from: dom on February 09, 2024, 10:57:59 AMJust seems like another unnecessary complication. It will inevitably come down to interpretation and will just cause more confusion and discontent. And how will it fit into the current system - Will 2 blues equal a red, and/or will a blue and yellow equal a red for example?
Yes, that's the proposal, I believe

Thenop

Being categorically denied by FIFA already, a least for higher professional leagues. Just testing the water I guess.

Matt2112

If there's one rule that should definitely be introduced, it's one that penalises goalkeepers when they collect the ball in a stable, standing position and flop to the ground. 

I find it annoying even when my own team's 'keeper does it (which recently hasn't been often given our shocking run of form  :-[  ).

Thenop

Well, the season has 10 games left but with PSV 10 points ahead of us, and the draw today it's probably decided. Fortunately the 2nd place gets us in de CL next year again.

And we at the cup final after last Tuesdays' win in the semis.

Still enough to keep the rest of the season interesting!