Wimbledon '22

Started by Slim, June 29, 2022, 03:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Compelling match between Serena and the newcomer Harmony Tan, last night.

As soon as Serena started to claw her way back from a set down I thought she'd win. When she went 4-0 up in the decider tiebreak it looked done and dusted.

But Harmony managed to pull it out of the fire, bravo.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Emma Raducanu 5-2 down in the opening set of her second round match against Caroline Garcia on Centre Court. Tough opponent, but can the British sporting icon prevail?

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Matt2112

Watching Murray up against against a huge, formidably powerful American player and the BBC's coverage is truly awful.

The annoying habit of forcing a switch of channels during an intriguing game (as the above is) is exasperating enough.

But to announce the switching of the channels while cutting to a long shot IN THE MIDDLE OF A SPECTACULAR RALLY is p!ss poor broadcasting.

To think, I'm funding this through honest graft.

dom

I wasn't watching but normally they start broadcasting on the other channel before stopping the coverage on the original one

David L

Quote from: Slim on June 29, 2022, 04:39:09 PMEmma Raducanu 5-2 down in the opening set of her second round match against Caroline Garcia on Centre Court. Tough opponent, but can the British sporting icon prevail?

No

dom

Murray looking tired. Will be tough for him from here

Slim

Just really surprising that he's playing at this level at all.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

Very true.  Some will to keep going when his body seems to be telling him to stop

David L

Quote from: dom on June 30, 2022, 09:15:55 AMVery true.  Some will to keep going when his body seems to be telling him to stop
He'll stop when his mum tells him to stop  ;D

David L

Novak through to the next round. Amazing as he's still not been vaccinated against Covid-19.

Slim

I don't really see that being selfish, ill-informed and anti-social gives him a disadvantage in that sport. Perhaps if he got Long Covid, or something.

We can but hope.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on July 03, 2022, 10:59:19 PMI don't really see that being selfish, ill-informed and anti-social gives him a disadvantage in that sport. Perhaps if he got Long Covid, or something.

We can but hope.
Can you post a picture of your Novak voodoo doll?
  ;D

David L

Novak through to the semi-final, still unaffected by the deadly Covid-19 virus. Must have a phenomenal immune system  :D  ;)

Slim

He doesn't actually have a COVID at the moment, and no-one has claimed that every case leaves its victim permanently debilitated. Personally I'm disappointed he was let into the country.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on July 05, 2022, 07:32:41 PMHe doesn't actually have a COVID at the moment, and no-one has claimed that every case leaves its victim permanently debilitated. Personally I'm disappointed he was let into the country.
I was already aware of all three points before you pointed them out  ;)