Does God Exist?

Started by Slim, June 18, 2022, 06:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does God Exist?

No
I Don't Know
Yes

Slim

There's an obvious and clearly correct answer to this, however I'm interested to know how many of my colleagues are aware of it.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nick

Funnily enough I bumped into to some Jehovahs Witnesses today giving away their "Watchtower" publication in my local town. An elderly couple at one end of the town and some JW "youth" at the other end.

A substantial part of Western Europe seems to live without any religious affiliation but I realise globally there are regions of religious growth.

However I think the answer , despite all the scientific advances has to be "don't know". Every scientific advance puts the existence of a God further in doubt., I certainly have no time for any religion that does not understand evolution, geological time frames or dietary choices. But I back the fact that people have free will to believe what they want (as contradictory as it sounds)

Slim

Sorry, I somehow missed out the "Yes" option in the poll ::)

Fixed now.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Quote from: Nick on June 18, 2022, 06:42:43 PMFunnily enough I bumped into to some Jehovahs Witnesses today giving away their "Watchtower" publication in my local town. An elderly couple at one end of the town and some JW "youth" at the other end.

A substantial part of Western Europe seems to live without any religious affiliation but I realise globally there are regions of religious growth.

The JWs are an example, IMO of religion being quite harmful in their attitude to blood transfusion and other medical interventions.

Just looked up their attitude to vaccination, apparently they don't mind it now. Surprising.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nick

Quote from: Slim on June 18, 2022, 06:49:54 PM
Quote from: Nick on June 18, 2022, 06:42:43 PMFunnily enough I bumped into to some Jehovahs Witnesses today giving away their "Watchtower" publication in my local town. An elderly couple at one end of the town and some JW "youth" at the other end.

The JWs are an example, IMO of religion being quite harmful in their attitude to blood transfusion and other medical interventions.

Just looked up their attitude to vaccination, apparently they don't mind it now. Surprising.

I think they also believe only a finite number of JW's go to heaven and I'm not sure how that is supposed to work over time as any increase in numbers to their church (presumably what they are looking to do) is going to ruin your personal percentage of meeting your maker.

Rufus_the_dawg

no need for the "yes" because there is no god.

There is a life force ie nature. But not an old man with a beard creating shit.

Matt2112

Strictly speaking: "I don't know".

For everyday purposes: "No".

Answering "Yes" then begs the question why the answer is "No" for the scores of others.

Slim

I'm a "no", not an "I don't know".
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nickslikk2112

Like everything else in life: I don't know.

pxr5

Does God exist? No
Do aliens exist? No
Are there such things as ghosts? No
Is there a Loch Ness Monster? No

I like these easy questions.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

David L

I've voted 'don't know'
I'm close enough to finding out and I wouldn't want to upset him  ;D
(My wife's a 'Yes')

Rufus_the_dawg

Quote from: pxr5 on June 19, 2022, 01:26:33 PMDoes God exist? No
Do aliens exist? No

what no loch ness monster...dam I saw the film! defo is a loch ness monster.

Thenop

My option is always: I don't care.
Just keep away form me with your hobbies, do that on your own time. Oh and stop intimidating people and children.
Have to say though, as an oppression scheme religion is pretty impressive.

Slim

Quote from: pxr5 on June 19, 2022, 01:26:33 PMDoes God exist? No
Do aliens exist? No

I think aliens very probably exist. Just not on our own planet.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nick

Just the sheer number of beliefs makes the whole thing a mockery.