Geddy and Alex to appear at Wembley Stadium for the first time!

Started by dom, June 15, 2022, 10:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickslikk2112

In my experience, whenever I hear a song on ROCK radio which sounds OK but has no pretensions to greatness it turns out to be the Foos.

I recognise This is a Call but nowt else.

captainkurtz

The first 3 records and 2011's 'Wasting Light' are all essential and there's enough brilliant songs on the rest of their output to ensure that their gigs are all fantastic.

I've seen them a tonne of times (although not since 2007) and they played every gig as though it was their last.  They are incredible live and DG has morphed from a rather awkward and shy frontman to one of the very best. 

At heart, DG and Taylor are/were massive rock fans..and I think that's evident in their output and collaborations and by just how excited they all seemed to be whenever they were doing what it was they were doing...

Matt2112

Yes, the one and only time I saw them was at Manchester Arena in 2005 and I enjoyed it immensely - they put every ounce of energy into it and even teased the intro to YYZ.  :)

captainkurtz

The Picnic Wasp

If Geddy steps up to the mic and utters "I, I'm a one way motorway" I'm already in heaven.

The Picnic Wasp

Meant to say, never has the simple D chord been used to such effect.

captainkurtz

So...
Gates open at 2.30
Show starts at 4.30

I'm guessing some of the artists will get 3 songs?
Rush with Omar - Tom Sawyer, Spirit and either YYZ or Closer to the Heart.
Supergrass
Them Crooked Vultures
Liam Gallagher
James Gang

Some I think will get less than 3:
Wolfgang Van Halen
Chrissie Hynde

Nirvana with Violet Grohl on vocals.

Brian May and Roger Taylor with Justin Hawkins doing under pressure.

Brian Johnson doing Back in Black with Grohl on drums?

Then a 2 hour foo fighters set with Josh Freese, Omar Hakim, Stewart Copeland, Travis Barker, Martin Chambers, Lars Ulrich all doing guest spots on drums.

What a send off for Taylor Hawkins...

The Picnic Wasp

Liam Gallagher is the puzzle for me. Was he pally with the FF?

captainkurtz

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on August 28, 2022, 09:17:53 PMLiam Gallagher is the puzzle for me. Was he pally with the FF?
Taylor was a big fan, I think there was a lot of mutual love there. 

Nick

It's quite a big call for Alex and Geddy, not played for a long time and no Neil to carry the song, no locked in mindset with the drummer. But they are professional muso's.

captainkurtz

Quote from: Nick on August 28, 2022, 10:48:36 PMIt's quite a big call for Alex and Geddy, not played for a long time and no Neil to carry the song, no locked in mindset with the drummer. But they are professional muso's.
Remember, Omar went in and knocked off the drums on Dire Straits 'Brother In Arms' record in a fortnight.  He was the drummer Sting went to once the Police first split.  Saw him twice on the 2014 Kate Bush tour.  He's a brilliant player, they'll have it down, for sure.

Fishy

From The Land of Honest Men

The Picnic Wasp

Please God. Make this the performance of their lives.

The Picnic Wasp

I think my life must have turned some kind of corner when there is a Rush gig (of sorts) in the UK this weekend and I made no real attempt to go.

The Letter R

Managed to grab a £63 "restricted view" ticket up in the Gods today for this so a happy bunny now - am sure I can wangle a decent view once in the stadium.
The odd ones keep coming up on Ticketmaster so keep your eyes peeled if you're still interested.