Geddy and Alex to appear at Wembley Stadium for the first time!

Started by dom, June 15, 2022, 10:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captainkurtz

Wonder who will drum with Geddy and Alex.  The thought of either Omar Hakim or Stewart Copeland playing with them is blowing my mind..

Nick

Quote from: captainkurtz on June 16, 2022, 09:59:45 PMWonder who will drum with Geddy and Alex.  The thought of either Omar Hakim or Stewart Copeland playing with them is blowing my mind..

Agree, wonder if Geddy will sing or just play bass.

David L

Quote from: captainkurtz on June 16, 2022, 09:59:45 PMWonder who will drum with Geddy and Alex.  The thought of either Omar Hakim or Stewart Copeland playing with them is blowing my mind..
If it's Copeland, they might play a couple of mash-ups:
Every Breath You Take A Friend
Can't Stand Losing It
:-\

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: David L on June 16, 2022, 11:22:03 PMIf it's Copeland, they might play a couple of mash-ups:
Every Breath You Take A Friend
Can't Stand Losing It
:-\

XanaDe do do do, de da da da

R6GYY

dom

Nickslikk2112

Spirits in the Material New World Man

I suppose we ought to be doing Rush/Foo Fighters mash ups, but I'm buggered if I can think of a Foo Fighters song - and I've got their first album...

Nick

Nick

John Paul Jones, Nile Rogers, Krist Novoselic and Nandi Bushell all now added.

There's a lot of bottom end on show!

Matt2112

Rufus_the_dawg

Quote from: Slim on June 16, 2022, 08:55:39 PMGoing to have to see if I can go. I don't even like the Foo Fighters. In fact to me the Foo Fighters are the weirdest phenomenon in all of music, like if Ringo played guitar in a band that became bigger than The Beatles.

I agree foo fighters suck. I had a friend way back who was in to Nirvana and then Foo fighters he kept banging on how good the drumming was and "just listen drumming to the off beat" what ever that meant and he hated Rush.

Then a few years down the line we all find out Dave Grohl was a Rush fan. Although I think DG is a bit of a rent a quote and fan of everyone. Talented musician but his music sucks

Slim

I'm not saying they suck. I find some of their stuff eminently listenable. But as a general assessment, I don't actively like them.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

R6GYY

As huge as they are, I don't know a single tune by them. At least, not that I am aware of.

Slim

There's a nifty tune called Rope that might well appeal to other Rush fans, certainly I quite like it. it has a bit of energy and quirk.

Apart from that, I know one called Rosemary. Can't name any others though I'm sure I'd recognise some of them if I heard them.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Matt2112

Staples of rock radio include:

Monkey Wrench
Times Like These
Learn To Fly
All My Life
Everlong
This Is A Call
My Hero
Breakout
Walk