Geddy and Alex to appear at Wembley Stadium for the first time!

Started by dom, June 15, 2022, 10:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dom

As part of the Taylor Hawkins tribute at Wembley Stadium on 3rd Sept,  both Geddy and Alex are lined up to appear!

Looks like its to be a Foo Fighters concert with lots of special guests appearing.  As well as Geddy and Alex, the likes of Brian May, Stewart Copeland and Liam Gallagher are set to be on stage.

https://consequence.net/2022/06/taylor-hawkins-foo-fighters-tribute-concerts-special-guests/

Slim

Just had a morbid thought - every drummer I can remember Geddy performing live with is dead now. Neil, of course. Taylor Hawkins (that performance of YYZ at a Foo Fighters gig in Toronto). John Rutsey. And Alan White (at the RRHOF induction for Yes).
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

Sounds like Geddy is living the Spinal Tap plotline!

David L

Matt2112

Quote from: David L on June 15, 2022, 11:00:23 AMLiam Gallagher? FFS!

Looks like they asked the wrong brother by mistake and it's too late to rectify. ::)

Jonners

On the plus side, he will make the other acts look an awful lot better!

captainkurtz

Taylor loved Liam and it was mutual, so his inclusion is justified.

Matt2112

David L

Quote from: captainkurtz on June 15, 2022, 05:37:27 PMTaylor loved Liam and it was mutual, so his inclusion is justified.
:o
Perhaps Liam's guilty pleasure is 2112  ;D

captainkurtz

Nick

They are also playing in LA on the 27th with a similar format.

Slim

No plans to go myself, must admit I don't really like the idea of Alex and Geddy playing in the UK without Yours Truly in attendance at some point.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nick

I assume it will be filmed and perhaps broadcast? Maybe a Sky arts job?

Slim

Going to have to see if I can go. I don't even like the Foo Fighters. In fact to me the Foo Fighters are the weirdest phenomenon in all of music, like if Ringo played guitar in a band that became bigger than The Beatles.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nick

Wonder if they will mention the fact that Rush also lost their drummer? Also wonder how many of the crowd would know who Rush even are/were.
Seem amazing they are on both bills.