Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

This turned up on the PRS Guitar Owners Facebook group:

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Matt2112

Jonners

David L

Slim

Yes, back in the '90s the CE had dots and the Custom 24 had birds. These days the CE has a shallower body carve, but it does have birds. Brilliant guitars.

I love PRS, you can tell they care about their product and a lot of thought and attention to detail goes into it, as well as a very high standard of quality control.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Jonners

is PRS what he used on ASOH?
was watching a Youtuve Video last night of the LVS segment of the gig. The middle dreamy part of the track gets me every time, but by heck the guitars in the rest of it sound odd

Slim

No he was using Signature guitars back then. Not "signature guitars" in the usual sense.. guitars made by a company called Signature. Confusing eh?

But his tone on that record isn't much to do with the guitar, it's all about the effects.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Signature guitars? Yeuk! Bright, thin and nasty! (must have paid him a lot of money!)

Matt2112

The shreddy bit of the LVS solo on ASOH is almost Gilbert-esque.  I reckon he was at his technical peak during that era (obviously the eventual onset of arthritis didn't help in later years).

David L

Quote from: Slim on June 09, 2022, 04:33:10 PMNo he was using Signature guitars back then. Not "signature guitars" in the usual sense.. guitars made by a company called Signature. Confusing eh?

I wonder if Peter Collins had anything to do with it.

"these are what we used to get that heavy-rock 'crunch' on Blancmange's last record"
;D