New Riverside on the Way

Started by pxr5, June 07, 2022, 07:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

dom

Great stuff! 6 months to wait

Nickslikk2112

If only they'd tour over here. 20th Anniversay tour has done North/South/Central America and Europe in September, which they say are the last dates of the Anniversary Tour :(

But, we did get two tours for the Wasteland album and various bits of Yurp are moaning about being missed. Plus I suppose COVID rescheduling effects are still rippling through which might limit venue availability.

And I suppose they've released so many albums now, the new one will be shit....

Jonners

A band I dont spend that much time with, but always like it when I do. Weird that

The live at Tillberg release is really good, I should like them more but for some reason....

Maybe its just because there is so much music around these days. I should just do a Zoony and listen to 3 bands (well, 1 really but pretend its three to stave off any abuse)

Slim

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

The first I heard of them was on T-N-M-S, I think it might have been Baldie Pete waxing lyrical.  I didn't get into them until years later, more fool me!

Nickslikk2112

New single out now.

Starts out OK...

Must admit, I'm always underwhelmed by new Riverside releases on first listen, but like warts they grow on me :)

Slim

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

Quote from: Slim on October 21, 2022, 04:08:22 PMI quite like that.

You should sample some of their back catalogue. Great band!

Nickslikk2112

Great live band too. The keyboard player always looks like he's enjoying himself.

Mariusz has a Monster Bass tone.

R6GYY

Wow. Is it really 14 years since I saw them in London? Tempus doesn't half fugit.

dom

European Tour announced for next March - May  4 dates in UK and also coming to Ireland !!

https://riversideband.pl/en/gigs

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: dom on December 13, 2022, 04:15:03 PMEuropean Tour announced for next March - May  4 dates in UK and also coming to Ireland !!

https://riversideband.pl/en/gigs
But one of the UK dates is a Festival, so may not be a full show.

Think I'll try for Glasgow/Birmingham/Manchester. Thinking about Dublin, but return flights from my local Airport are too early or too late for my liking.

dom

Tickets booked for the 18th April at the Button Factory!  Delighted.  Spotify started playing Discard Your Fear when the order went through! (Symphonic Rock playlist - is Symphonic Rock replacing Prog as a term now?)

Nickslikk2112

Got tickets booked for Glasgow and Manchester so far. Hopefully get a Birmingham one tomorrow in the General pre-sale (Only bloody O2 priority at the moment). Still mulling over Dublin.

Certainly wouldn't call Riverside Symphonic Rock (Overly pretentious Prog) wouldn't call them Prog either.