Dreams

Started by Slim, June 04, 2022, 12:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Early this morning, I dreamed that I had a sort of cut, or scar running down the side of my hand, from the base of the little finger to the wrist. Very neat, very straight. It could be prised open very slightly but it was completely painless and bloodless.

A doctor told me that it was a generic feature.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

This morning I dreamed that I introduced a young woman to Ed Straker, and she was inducted into SHADO. She was slim, medium height, black with short hair. I thought she looked about 19 but when she was filling out the forms she entered her year of birth as 1970.

Later, I dreamed that I was out jogging with Danny Baker. We were running down Acorn Way, which is a long road down a hill near Oakwood in Derby. He became competitive and started trying to outrun me, but my feet weren't even touching the ground. I was just gliding down the hill a few inches above the ground, without having to move my legs, like a shallow fall. So I got ahead of him very easily.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Thenop

2 days ago I dreamt I woke up because I heard water dripping op the landing. Went to check and sure enough the ceiling was leaking in 2 places. When I bent over to see where it was on the floor someone jumped on my back. So I screamed and cursed, waking up the wife who told me I curse asleep the same as I am awake.....  ;D
Of course I had to pee, which was the water dripping.

Nick

Was taken prisoner by Russian soldiers in Ukraine, they were killing my fellow prisoners by holding onto their ears and bashing their heads on a wall, they grabbed my ears and as I prepared for the inevitable I woke up, phew!

Slim

I didn't sleep well last night. I went for a nap at about 4pm this afternoon and dozed off in bed with 5 Live on the bedside Echo Dot.

An hour or two later I got up and went down into the living room. But I couldn't understand why I was still hearing the radio - where was it coming from? I was still asleep in bed of course. I woke up not long after that and listened to the radio for a bit.

Then I drifted off to sleep again. I got up again and went down into the kitchen. I started looking for bread to make myself a sandwich. But I was still hearing the radio. I realised I must still be asleep and dreaming, but I made a sandwich anyway.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Matt2112

Possibly my favourite track from the 5150 album. ;D

Slim

Odd dreams this morning ..

I'd applied to join the military, and one of the tests was to jump out of an aircraft at the very edge of space, and collect some objects on the way down. There were five or six of us, and we'd all been given large manila envelope packages with our names printed neatly on them.

I was on a space station, or possibly a base on the Moon or some airless planet, and about to leave the (huge) airlock. I'd pressed the button to start the decompression, but I hadn't put my space suit on yet. I had another two minutes to get into it and zip it up.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on June 11, 2022, 11:16:30 AMOdd dreams this morning ..

I'd applied to join the military, and one of the tests was to jump out of an aircraft at the very edge of space, and collect some objects on the way down. There were five or six of us, and we'd all been given large manila envelope packages with our names printed neatly on them.

I was on a space station, or possibly a base on the Moon or some airless planet, and about to leave the (huge) airlock. I'd pressed the button to start the decompression, but I hadn't put my space suit on yet. I had another two minutes to get into it and zip it up.
Classic anxiety dream............in space. Never made it off the planet with mine..yet  ;)

Slim

I'm playing cricket for England. It's a sunny day. Possibly at Lords. I've only just come out to bat and I hit the first ball for a four, but I run anyway and get run out. Somehow.

I walk back to the pavilion, go inside and look for the dressing room. But I can't find it. I open a door. There's a bench and dark green painted walls. But it's otherwise completely empty. Is this it?
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nick

I was sitting on my sofa when the fabric started to split and our old sofa started to appear though the fabric, metamorphic like.

Slim

I think this dream is based on the time, many years ago, when I applied for a firearm licence and two police officers came round to interview me about it.

I've applied for something, and one of my old managers from Rolls-Royce and her husband Gavin, who was a director there, arrive at my front door. I haven't seen them since 1994, so they look older. They come in and I sit on the sofa.

Gavin sits next to me. He's got the application form and we go through it, while he fills in the answers or checks tick-boxes with a blue ball-point pen. He's impatient and irritable.

I never actually spoke to him in real life though he'd sometimes glare at me in a slightly disapproving manner, because I didn't get on brilliantly with his wife and I upset her once or twice.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

I'm attending a Saxon gig, something I haven't done in real life since 1980, or possibly 1981. It's an outdoor arena or stadium gig of some sort and I'm right at the front but it's the soundcheck or something; the gig hasn't started yet. Or it's finished.

The drummer is a young short-haired woman dressed in black. I'm about to tell her that I first saw Saxon in 1979 at a club in Hartlepool (which is true), but I wake up.

Also - I had my recurring dream about trains. I can't remember it well but I woke up knowing that I'd had the train dream, again. Or a variation of it. I want to get home, to Hartlepool, I'm at some unfamiliar railway station somewhere and I don't know which train to get on. Sometimes I get on the train, unsure if it's taking me in the right direction.

It could be a metaphor for life choices but I'm sure it stems from my time in my late teens, commuting to and from Huddersfield Poly every weekend from Hartlepool by train. I found train travel fascinating. I still love a long train journey. It's as though you enter a sort of alternate netherworld at the railway station, and emerge from it at your destination.

Sometimes, especially on a Thursday afternoon going to Hartlepool from Huddersfield, the journey wouldn't quite go to plan and I think this informs my recurring dream. I remember spending a couple of hours at Stalybridge station one Thursday afternoon, for example. There must have been engineering works or perhaps I'd caught a wrong train at Leeds or something, because I wouldn't usually get off there. But I had to work out a route to get back to Hartlepool.

OK I've just checked Stalybridge on a map, and I'm very confused. It's further from Hartlepool than Huddersfield.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on July 01, 2022, 10:38:47 AMI'm attending a Saxon gig, something I haven't done in real life since 1980, or possibly 1981. It's an outdoor arena or stadium gig of some sort and I'm right at the front but it's the soundcheck or something; the gig hasn't started yet. Or it's finished.

The drummer is a young short-haired woman dressed in black. I'm about to tell her that I first saw Saxon in 1979 at a club in Hartlepool (which is true), but I wake up.

On the subject of Saxon, I got a post on my FB feed of the band about to board a private jet to Verona the other day. They were obviously chuffed to bits, by the nature of the post. So much so that another followed in quick succession of the band aboard said aircraft. The message from Biff said something like - " on private plain to Verona". Bless him, made me smile. Doesn't he look a lot like Denis Healey with long hair now? They were, without doubt, the funniest metallers around in the early '80s. A really strange mix of spandex, moustaches and funny (or 'no') hair!  ;D

Slim

One of the guitar players had a special guitar strap that allowed him to spin his guitar round 360 degrees, I remember that. Reputedly he once chinned himself with it, though I never saw that myself.

That first Saxon gig I saw was about two weeks before I saw Zeppelin at Knebworth, so late July or August 1979. It may well be the only time I've ever walked home from a gig. Most of the people there weren't even there for the band, it was just one of those places you'd go to for a drink although I wasn't fond of it, because it was in a rough part of the town, just off the main road out of the town to Seaton Carew.

My mate Barry and I were definitely there for the band, though. We had the first album, released only a few weeks earlier and we wanted to hear Stallions of the Highway and Big Teaser, which of course we did. There were probably about 20 fans there that night, and we stood seven or eight feet away from the little stage, shaking our dandruff, pints in hand. I remember Biff saying "nice to see we've got some friends in tonight" after we noisily applauded one of the tunes.

This was just about the time the New Wave of British Heavy Metal was breaking and the next time I saw them was a year later, on the same bill as Motorhead at the "Brain Damage Party" at Stafford Bingley Hall.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on July 01, 2022, 12:14:14 PMOne of the guitar players had a special guitar strap that allowed him to spin his guitar round 360 degrees, I remember that. Reputedly he once chinned himself with it, though I never saw that myself.

That first Saxon gig I saw was about two weeks before I saw Zeppelin at Knebworth, so late July or August 1979. It may well be the only time I've ever walked home from a gig. Most of the people there weren't even there for the band, it was just one of those places you'd go to for a drink although I wasn't fond of it, because it was in a rough part of the town, just off the main road out of the town to Seaton Carew.

My mate Barry and I were definitely there for the band, though. We had the first album, released only a few weeks earlier and we wanted to hear Stallions of the Highway and Big Teaser, which of course we did. There were probably about 20 fans there that night, and we stood seven or eight feet away from the little stage, shaking our dandruff, pints in hand. I remember Biff saying "nice to see we've got some friends in tonight" after we noisily applauded one of the tunes.

This was just about the time the New Wave of British Heavy Metal was breaking and the next time I saw them was a year later, on the same bill as Motorhead at the "Brain Damage Party" at Stafford Bingley Hall.
They were the band that all proudly posessed nicknames: Peter "Biff" Byford, Paul "Blute" Quinn, Graham "Olly" Oliver, Steve "Dobby" Dawson and, not forgetting, Pete....ahem...Gill (;D).Hilarious

I think my first experience of seeing them was on Motorhead's 'Bomber Tour'. Obviously this was pre-Spinal Tap so not too many rolling around the stalls in catatonic fits of laughter. That first record was OK but they really were unsure of what they wanted to be. Some of it was even a bit 'proggy', though Big Teaser was fairly unambiguous  ;D
They were championed by Sounds, if I recall and their USP was that they eschewed R&R excess for...cups of tea! (Yorkshire tea, I guess).

They certainly made the most of their talent, I'll say that about them.