Main Menu

Bought any Vinyl Recently?

Started by pxr5, March 02, 2022, 09:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenop

Quote from: David L on April 07, 2024, 07:47:50 PMI bought two new LPs from HMV that landed this weekend.

John Mellencamp - Strictly A One-Eyed Jack
Talk Talk - Spirit Of Eden.

Both are good pressings but I'm particularly impressed with Spirit Of Eden. This record is full of near silent passages and I had little hope that it would work on LP but it's wonderful! On the Parlophone label on heavy vinyl, they've done a sterling job with this. The lack of surface noise is mindblowing. It comes with a DVD Audio disc of the album too and was a very reasonable £21.99.
The Mellencamp LP was discounted from £29.99 to £17.99 so great value too
:)

That Talk Talk is great, I have it as well. Same goes for the Laughing Stock pressing. We'll worth seeking out especially because the initial press was very low key and really needed the volume turned up.
The Mark Hollis solo is a bit hit and miss, depending on where it was pressed.

Nickslikk2112

Just arrived:

Spell - Tragic Magic

Thenop

Record Store Day!
Got up at 5:20 ( :o ), was in line around 6:30. Shop opened at8 AM.
Picked up some nice releases, Sonny Rollins live in Europe 4LP box, 2 x Cannonball Adderley double live LPs, Yusuf Lateef 2LP live, Jeff Buckley's Songs to No One, Golden Earring 2LP Cut Sessions, Acid King's Middle of Nowhere, Centre of Everywhere, and because I ws there the new Shabaka Hutchings Album. Received an EP Acoustic by Within Temptation as RSD 'gift'. That's me sorted.

The wait was even nice, the weather was not. I ran into the exact same guy I talked to last year while waiting in line, yes we are idiots like that we concluded. I overheard the first ones in line were there at 4:15!

Anyway, getting an early start is nice, now have some listening to do.

Nickslikk2112

Devin Townsend - Infinity (25th Anniversary)
Per Wiberg - The Serpent's Here
King Crimson - Cat Food 10" EP