Main Menu

Gigs 2024

Started by Matt2112, January 03, 2024, 03:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Quote from: R6GYY on March 31, 2024, 07:37:06 PMThe mighty FM were superb in Nantwich last night.

A fan/crowd pleasing 40th anniversary set with 1 real surprise thrown in. I'll say no more but anyone going (yes I'm talking to you Matt!) is going to have a ball.

We did!

Was hoping to make this gig but couldn't make it after all 😢

Did you catch the excellent support act Brave Rival?

R6GYY

Quote from: Ali on April 01, 2024, 03:37:58 PM
Quote from: R6GYY on March 31, 2024, 07:37:06 PMThe mighty FM were superb in Nantwich last night.

A fan/crowd pleasing 40th anniversary set with 1 real surprise thrown in. I'll say no more but anyone going (yes I'm talking to you Matt!) is going to have a ball.

We did!

Was hoping to make this gig but couldn't make it after all 😢

Did you catch the excellent support act Brave Rival?

Yes indeed. They did a good job of warming the crowd up.

Slim

Bought tickets to see Mica Paris later in the year. Not having seen her sing for decades, I'm starting to think it might have been a mistake unfortunately. She was great, really properly great. But this is terrible.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

captainkurtz

Loved her debut back in the day...'so good' indeed.

pxr5

Prog for Peart

A two day music festival in Abingdon, Oxfordshire set up in memory of Neil Peart of the band Rush which donates all profits to brain cancer research.

I've just found out about this. A bit far to me, but I'm tempted - especially the Friday.  Friday 12th July & Saturday 13th July.

https://www.progforpeart.com/

"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

David L

Quote from: pxr5 on April 16, 2024, 04:09:32 PMProg for Peart

A two day music festival in Abingdon, Oxfordshire set up in memory of Neil Peart of the band Rush which donates all profits to brain cancer research.

I've just found out about this. A bit far to me, but I'm tempted - especially the Friday.  Friday 12th July & Saturday 13th July.

https://www.progforpeart.com/

Went to the very first in 2021 as it's only a few miles away. Headliners were Bravado.  However, that was the only one that featured a Rush tribute which is a shame. The guy that organises it is a massive Rush fan and they do a great job raising money for glioblastoma research. For that reason it should be a regular on my gig calendar but I do struggle a bit with listening to Prog that I'm not familiar with. If you don't, it's well worth checking out. The Northcourt is a cracking little venue, Moving Pictures are playing there this Saturday. Normally a good beer on too!