Main Menu

Never played live

Started by Nick, May 31, 2022, 09:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

All the below album tracks were never played live and obviously never will be.

RUSH
Take A Friend

FLY BY NIGHT
Making Memories
Rivendell

CARESS OF STEEL
I Think I'm Going Bald
The Fountain Of Lamneth

Lessons
Tears

A FAREWELL TO KINGS
Madrigal

HEMISPHERES
Every song from this album has been played live.

PERMANENT WAVES
Different Strings

MOVING PICTURES
Every song from this album has been played live

SIGNALS

GRACE UNDER PRESSURE

POWER WINDOWS
Emotion Detector

HOLD YOUR FIRE
Open Secrets
Second Nature
Tai Shan
High Water

PRESTO
Chain Lightning
Anagram (For Mongo)
Red Tide
Hand Over Fistu
Available Light

ROLL THE BONES
Face Up
The Big Wheel
Neurotica
Heresy

COUNTERPARTS
Cut To The Chase
Alien Shore
The Speed Of Love
Everyday Glory

TEST FOR ECHO
The Color Of Right
Totem
Dog Years
Carve Away The Stone

VAPOR TRAILS
Peaceable Kingdom
The Stars Look Down
Vapor Trail
Sweet Miracle
Nocturne
Freeze
Out Of The Cradle

FEEDBACK
For What It's Worth
Mr. Soul
Seven And Seven Is
Shapes Of Things

SNAKES AND ARROWS
The Bravest Face
Good News First
We Hold On

CLOCKWORK ANGELS
BU2B2

Grand Total: 44

David L

Some absolute stinkers in there!

pdw1

Can't believe how much of Vapor Trails was never played live.

pdw1

But Different Strings is a beautiful little song. Why oh why did they never play it live  :o  :o

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: pdw1 on May 31, 2022, 09:56:48 PMCan't believe how much of Vapor Trails was never played live.
can't believe how much of Vapid Trials was played live.

captainkurtz

Can't believe emotion detector, available light and different strings were never played live.  The latter 2 would have been way better for geddys vocal abilities in the later years.

pdw1

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on May 31, 2022, 09:57:48 PM
Quote from: pdw1 on May 31, 2022, 09:56:48 PMCan't believe how much of Vapor Trails was never played live.
can't believe how much of Vapid Trials was played live.
No, I meant you would have thought they would have played loads on the Vapor Trails tour.

dom

Available Light would be my favourite from that list, followed by Emotion Detector.  Wonder why they weren't chosen? A lot worse songs were played live that's for sure.

Slim

Quote from: captainkurtz on May 31, 2022, 10:23:18 PMCan't believe emotion detector, available light and different strings were never played live.  The latter 2 would have been way better for geddys vocal abilities in the later years.

Available Light is a terrific song but it does have some high notes.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Jonners

Some really good tracks in that lot, Emotion Detector is a real under the radar number, the two from 2112 I really like, although maybe more in context after the bombast and immersive experience that is side 1

Oddly enough, while its a different band, I had a dream the other day I met Nicko McBrain from Maiden, and asked him if there were any songs they never played live that he wished they had.

When bands choose a set list, I imagine there has to be a certain amount of give and take, certain songs need to be there, certain ones definitely not, and some in rotation.

Always wondered how Rush did it, especially as time went on and the gigs got longer and longer. Maiden obviously just do what Steve Harris says....

From HYF onwards I actually dont care too much to be honest what did or did not get played, as I was there for what they had previously released, which is why R30 for me was mostly great for example.