Champions League Final, 2022

Started by Slim, May 28, 2022, 08:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Chaos at the Stade de France, I'm listening to the coverage on 5 Live. Fans being funnelled through a single gate, people getting pepper-sprayed and thousands of seats still empty.

Game now due to kick off at 20:36 BST - I worry about fans with tickets stuck outside, I imagine there'll be considerable anger.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Slim

Hearing reports that the French police have gone a bit Kim Jong-un, old folks and kids being assaulted with pepper spray for no reason.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on May 28, 2022, 08:28:56 PMHearing reports that the French police have gone a bit Kim Jong-un, old folks and kids being assaulted with pepper spray for no reason.
I'm sure the Real fans took the brunt of it  ::)

David L

Sound at present is awful. It's being played in Paris ffs not outer Mongolia  >:(

Slim

Ancelotti is the first manager to win the CL four times, that's quite a distinction. Not even a year since he left Everton, seems a long time ago now.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

Disappointing to hear about the chaos outside the stadium that prevented genuine supporters from getting into the ground in time or even at all. Some were even attacked with tear gas  The French police have stated that it was caused by thousands of ticketless fans trying to enter the ground. No idea if thats true or not but hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it

dom

Real Madrid have perfected the art of being second best in every knock out game in the Champions League this year, yet coming out on top.

They have been outplayed by PSG, Chelsea, Man City and now Liverpool in the final. Courtois was outstanding last night. Caseimiro was a rock in defence and aside from that, this is a team that waits for its chances and is absolutely ruthless when they arrive.

Matt2112

This and the FA Cup final were poor for the neutral.

David L

Quote from: dom on May 29, 2022, 08:24:20 AMDisappointing to hear about the chaos outside the stadium that prevented genuine supporters from getting into the ground in time or even at all. Some were even attacked with tear gas  The French police have stated that it was caused by thousands of ticketless fans trying to enter the ground. No idea if thats true or not but hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it
I did see footage of fans clambering over the barriers to avoid the turnstiles. Whether they were frustrated fans that had tickets or hooligans is not clear