Main Menu

RIP Vangelis

Started by Nickslikk2112, May 19, 2022, 09:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickslikk2112

Another big one gone. Have to dig out my copy of Aphrpdite's Child's 666

Although my favourite bit of Vangelis was his appearance on Shooting Stars

pxr5

RIP. I'll likely play 666 sometime soon too.

Here's the Shooting Stars ep with "Vangelis" on, which reminds me to give some of Matt Berry's albums a spin.

"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Slim

Love that old Four Horsemen tune. I also loved I Hear You Know, remember that one? Apart from that, never been a fan really. But sad news.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

R6GYY

Blade Runner is what I will remember him for.

David L

Did well though, 79. Considering he liked a smoke, by all accounts.

dom

I have a memory of when I'll find my Way Home had been released.  Think it was  December '81.  There had been heavy snowfall and the roads in North London were a mess.  I'd just finished a mock O level and was waiting for a bus as had nothing scheduled for the afternoon.  The roads were gridlocked so I decided to walk the 3 miles or so home and not spend all afternoon on a bus.  I went  through the playing fields that ran parallel to the tube line from Totteridge and Whetstone to Barnet and the snow was up to my knees.  It was a struggle but eventually made it back.  Switched on the radio and that was the song that came on. 

I realise those from the North will think of me as a Southern Softie but it was a memory that remained

Fishy

Sorry to hear about this...
Loved quite a lot of Vangelis altho a couple of alabums have been roundly criticied as being fucking terrible.. namely See You Later and Beaubourg
Bit annoyed thats he's soley remembered as the bloke who wrote Chariots of fire.. yes he did but he has an absolute wealth of other albums
Heaven and Hell
Albedo 0.39
China
Spiral
Soil Festivities
Silent Portraits
Oceanic
Juno to Jupiter
Rosetta and a ton more...

Yes Jon and Vangelis did a few albums.. first couple were really good Short Stories and The Friends of Mr Cairo...never really listened to later stuff..
Anyway sorry to see you go big guy....
From The Land of Honest Men