Main Menu

Eurovision 2022

Started by R6GYY, May 14, 2022, 05:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David L

Quote from: dom on May 15, 2022, 12:57:23 PMI didn't say it was fixed and I certainly don't believe it to be so. Who's doing the fixing anyway and to what purpose?

For a lot of these countries, bung of £100,000 would probably amount to twice their annual GDP  ;D

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/eurovision-song-contest-issue-lengthy-26970688?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=mirror_main&fbclid=IwAR3qycZg3ONy9tGIEeZQNdAXF2SzvdEn95B7YrlM6DYwn__Y-FmU9HT4r88

;D  ;D  ;D

Slim

That's interesting, but what it shows is that the people organising the contest took care to ensure its integrity. And in any case it only refers to the jury vote; the public vote alone would have seen Ukraine win by a mile.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on May 16, 2022, 09:51:34 AMThat's interesting, but what it shows is that the people organising the contest took care to ensure its integrity. And in any case it only refers to the jury vote; the public vote alone would have seen Ukraine win by a mile.
Yes, I know that. And I also understand that the quality of their entry was irrelevant

Slim

I agree but that doesn't mean it was "fixed", just that people voted with other motives than their preference for the song.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on May 16, 2022, 10:33:30 AMI agree but that doesn't mean it was "fixed", just that people voted with other motives than their preference for the song.

;D
Tomato...Tomato