Main Menu

Eurovision 2022

Started by R6GYY, May 14, 2022, 05:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Belgium. Another ballad but just a little overwrought and generic. 5.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

These scripted dialogues between the presenters are so witty, aren't they?
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

R6GYY

Belgium. Nothing inspiring. Nothing to lift it above the rest. I predict it'll end up in the bottom half. But I'm notoriously bad at Eurovision predictions!

R6GYY

Quote from: Slim on May 14, 2022, 09:30:56 PMThese scripted dialogues between the presenters are so witty, aren't they?
Well you just made me laugh 😃.

R6GYY

Probably in a minority here, but I really enjoyed the Greece entry.

Slim

9 to go! And here comes the Greek entry. It's another power ballad. I think it's OK.

Has she got knickers on under there? When her dress was rear-projected I thought I caught a glimpse of her labia.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

This Iceland tune has a nice mood and it's a bit different. Nice sort of electric folky girl chorus thing going on. But the tune is nothing special. 6.5.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

R6GYY

Iceland. No thanks. Yawnsville.

R6GYY

Moldova. I don't have words.

Slim

Moldova LOL

Delightfully spirited hoedown. Hey ho, let's go. Surely a nod to the Ramones. But the novelty wore off quickly. 5.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Sweden. She's performing from the floor and I think Sandie Shaw did that first. It's a pretty tasteful ballad, performed with panache. Good one, 6.5.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

R6GYY

Enormous chorus from Sweden. Better than some I've heard tonight.

Slim

Is this bloke really Australian? I expected a corked bush hat and a can of Fosters. Another overwrought and pompous ballad. Poor. 3.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

R6GYY

Quote from: Slim on May 14, 2022, 09:52:52 PMIs this bloke really Australian? I expected a corked bush hat and a can of Fosters. Another overwrought and pompous ballad. Poor. 3.
ROTFPMSL.
Thank you James.

R6GYY

Well, that was refreshing and the best UK entry in many years.