Main Menu

Eurovision 2022

Started by R6GYY, May 14, 2022, 05:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Armenia. Again a recycled set of chords that I've heard a million times and the chorus is the same as the verses. Dull folky acoustic tune. 3
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

R6GYY

Armenia. Mostly harmless. Nothing stirring.

Slim

Italy. It's an emotional ballad and actually a very good song in the main. Powerfully gay performance and I'm not surprised that Graham Norton likes it. A 6 from me, not my favourite so far will do well I think.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

R6GYY

Spain is bang on what I expect from a Eurovision song. Easy on the eye too.

Will do well I think.

Slim

Spain. It's a performance that appeals more visually, and my wife noticed that I reflexively  moved closer to the television.

As far as the tune goes, nothing special. Pumped up Euro tune with folk roots, similar to France and Romania. 5 again.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

R6GYY

Netherlands. Not impressed.

Slim

Netherlands. I quite like this. Getting somewhat androgynous vibes from the singer, not that has a bearing on anything. Nice ballad, not overdone. Light and shade. 6.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Ukraine, oh dear it's a hybrid of folky Europop and rap. It does have a certain attitude and energy.  It will do well but it's a 4 from me.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

R6GYY

Ukraine. Bit of a kitchen sink song. Lots crammed in.

Prolonged exposure would give me a headache.

Bookies odds-on favourite so is expected to do very well.

Slim

Germany. Come on, I've heard this a million times. Everything about it is banal and predictable. There's not a hint of a shred of originality in the whole rotten song. 2. Worst one so far for me.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Lithuania, this is more like it. Interesting song performed with character and charisma. Has a hint of Shirley Bassey doing a Bond tune. Terrific. 8. Easily the best of the night. So far!
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

R6GYY

Sian commented on a bit of a Bond vibe too.

Slim

Azerbaijan, nothing special but it's actually a rather tasteful ballad. Well performed and the orchestration is effective. 7.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

R6GYY

Re: Germany. Shortly after the start, I took a comfort break. Kind of says what I thought.

R6GYY

I think you've nailed the Azerbaijan entry.