Satellite Launches from the UK

Started by Slim, May 14, 2022, 11:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Quote from: Slim on January 10, 2023, 12:07:42 PMJust found this pic of that occasion. Judging by the location I would have been no more than 200m away, 8 floors up in 750 Seventh Avenue when this was taken. Probably about a minute after I'd seen it myself.

Using Street View, and going by the orientation of the camera position to the Novotel in the distance on the left, I've worked out that Sir Richard was pretty much bang on outside 750 7th Ave when the photo was taken. The road sign partially obscured by the woman's head is for West 50th Street. I must have been gawping down out of the window at this precise moment.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on January 10, 2023, 07:27:23 PM
Quote from: Slim on January 10, 2023, 12:07:42 PMJust found this pic of that occasion. Judging by the location I would have been no more than 200m away, 8 floors up in 750 Seventh Avenue when this was taken. Probably about a minute after I'd seen it myself.

Using Street View, and going by the orientation of the camera position to the Novotel in the distance on the left, I've worked out that Sir Richard was pretty much bang on outside 750 7th Ave when the photo was taken. The road sign partially obscured by the woman's head is for West 50th Street. I must have been gawping down out of the window at this precise moment.
I can't believe he's not picking her up and spinning her head over heels, as was his MO with attractive young women back in the day. The toothsome trolley-dolly terroriser must have assaulted dozens of his female employees over the years..............but, alas, no more:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/richard-branson-stop-turning-girls-upside-down-on-virgin-planes-b1037732.html

Slim

I was hoping Scott Manley might release a video about this today; he has.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

In talks to avoid bankruptcy. Poor old Richard, should have stuck with selling records (doing well at the mo')