Main Menu

King's X

Started by pdw1, May 05, 2022, 05:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Matt2112 on July 07, 2022, 09:09:19 PM
Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on July 07, 2022, 07:20:56 PM
Quote from: pdw1 on July 07, 2022, 02:01:18 PM
Quote from: Rufus_the_dawg on July 07, 2022, 12:22:09 PMPlaying in wolverampton, might go.
Go - stunning band live. Life affirming, life changing.

My ticket for Nottingham arrived yesterday. A paper ticket, how quaint.
Was thinking about going down to Snottingham, might do Holmfirth instead...

Excellent - y'int chair or what, Simsy? :D
Only might.
They're a lot older than last time they were over, can they still do it as well?

Nottingham's much easier to get to as well.

Thenop

European tour cancelled... :'(
Ty has fallen ill apparently.

It is with great regret that we must announce that we will be forced to cancel our upcoming engagements in Europe this fall, due to an unforeseen medical issue with our guitarist.

A message from Ty Tabor: "Hello everyone. I recently went in for some medical tests and discovered that I have an illness requiring vigilant monitoring. As a result, I will need to remain in the US while following medical advice and potential treatment. I know this is a disappointment for those who have waited so long for our European shows. I am sorry for this unavoidable setback. I want everyone to know that my prognosis is good. We plan to keep doing shows in the US so I can remain close to home and take less risks while dealing with this change in life. Thanks so much for all of your love and support."

Lead with love and share love - King's X

Nickslikk2112

Bummer :(

Still, solves my dilemma of where to go...

The Letter R

Yes - saw the post from them this morning - was looking forward to this tour with Trope in support too.
Still health comes first.

Matt2112

Slim

Quote from: pdw1 on July 07, 2022, 09:21:42 PM
Quote from: Slim on July 07, 2022, 07:55:30 PMWhat's a good King's X tune, then?
try this

or this

Thank-you, as commercial / generic rock music goes, that's definitely at least of average standard.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

pdw1

Matt2112

Quote from: Slim on July 08, 2022, 01:48:35 PM
Quote from: pdw1 on July 07, 2022, 09:21:42 PM
Quote from: Slim on July 07, 2022, 07:55:30 PMWhat's a good King's X tune, then?
try this

or this

Thank-you, as commercial / generic rock music goes, that's definitely at least of average standard.

Try one more, James: I suggest We Were Born To Be Loved.

I'd put King's X as much in "Alternative" as "Commercial", but then I'm candy-eared.

Thenop

I am always drawn to the Faith Hope Love album. Also for sentimental reasons, I was dating my wife back then and there are lots of great songs that refer to love on that album that we enjoyed together.

I'll Never Get Tired of You is fantastic. Bit out of the box when it comes to rhythm, a more original take on what they were doing. Believe it or not, they were the 'next big thing' when they appeared on the scene in the late 80's. To this day they appear in lists of bands that should have made it big but never really did. They did OK I guess, selling a couple of million albums, but they faded from the public eye when the grunge era hit. Shame really, they were not hair metal in any way. Advertised as the heavy metal Beatles due to the harmony singing.

And of course, the live experience is fantastic. There is really nothing like singing Goldilox together with a few 100 likeminded people on cue by Doug.

Slim

Quote from: Matt2112 on July 08, 2022, 06:28:23 PMTry one more, James: I suggest We Were Born To Be Loved.

I'd put King's X as much in "Alternative" as "Commercial", but then I'm candy-eared.

I had a listen to that, thanks Matt.

I think they must be a terrific band, sincerely. Especially to have such a rapport with their audience; the same sort of thing I experience at Sea Power gigs. But honestly I just don't get it, I must have a Kings X blind spot.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

captainkurtz

If they ever tour the U.K. again, I'll be buying my tickets on the day of the gig.  Hope it's nothing serious with Ty. 

Rufus_the_dawg

Yes the faith Love Hope album is my favorite, I saw them playing in Cambridge around about when this album was released.

Ali

Out of the Silent Planet remains my favourite debut album of all time 👌

Thenop