Premier League: Who's Going Down?

Started by Slim, May 02, 2022, 08:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the following will be relegated?

Leeds
Everton
Burnley

Slim

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Matt2112

Even though I have an allegiance with Leeds, it's plain to see they have far too many players who are no better than Championship-standard (and the likes of Rodrigo look even worse), so my head says they aren't strong enough to stay up, even if my heart wishes differently.

dom

Looking that way unfortunately. Burnley have found form since the sacking of Dyche and even Lampard looks like he's getting Everton working.

Nickslikk2112

LEEDS PLEASE!!!!

DIRTY LEEDS
DIRTY LEEDS
DIRTY LEEDS
DIRTY LEEDS
DIRTY LEEDS
DIRTY LEEDS

Don't take much interest in Soccerball these days, but I HATE Leeds and all who sail in her.

pxr5

I think Leeds too, but I hope it's Everton.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Slim

I like Leeds. I just think it's nice to have them back in the top tier after all these years. I think Everton are most likely of the three to go down. Although neither Brentford nor Southampton are completely safe, even on 40 points.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Well back-to-back wins by Everton make them less likely to go down now I must admit, even after their debacle this weekend against Brentford.

I think Burnley could well lose their remaining two games (Villa and Toon) which would leave Leeds with nothing to do to stay up.

At this stage I think Burnley are on their way down.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Matt2112

Quote from: Slim on May 16, 2022, 12:57:35 PMWell back-to-back wins by Everton make them less likely to go down now I must admit, even after their debacle this weekend against Brentford.

I think Burnley could well lose their remaining two games (Villa and Toon) which would leave Leeds with nothing to do to stay up.

At this stage I think Burnley are on their way down.

Yes, while part of another utterly atrocious display by Rodrigo led to Brighton's goal, a dramatic last-gasp equaliser from Struijk might well turn out to be their saviour.

I do hope so.

pdw1

So we are down to Leeds or Burnley
with Leeds favourite for the drop (unless something dramatic happens in the next few minutes)

Slim

Proper drama this evening. Not sure who's more likely to go down, depends as much on form and quality of opposition as the goal difference. I hope Leeds stay up. Certainly makes the last day interesting.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan