Main Menu

Beer

Started by David L, April 24, 2022, 09:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David L

Spent most of the day, yesterday, helping to set-up the Oxford Beer festival in the town hall. The festival is run by the Oxford branch of CAMRA and although I've been a member for a while, It's the first time I've got involved.
It was a really enjoyable day and very much an education into the huge amount of work that goes into putting on a festival featuring 135 beers. A lot of the guys are, like me, retired so can throw themselves into giving something back to the pastime of enjoying all things beer.
The festival runs over three days from tomorrow, when we will be in attendance for the first time. As we racked the barrels onto the stillage, there were a few that caught my eye so looking forward to doors opening at 3pm for a few hours of quaffing. I'm sure the beer will taste extra pleasant knowing that me and the missus put in a hard shift yesterday to help make it happen.

Matt2112

Was out in Leeds at the weekend and while watching the boxing my friend and I had a few pints of Kirkstall Brewery's Virtuous - it's a cliche that IPAs are often described as "crisp and refreshing" but this one really was, and lip-smackingly delicious with it.