Better Call Saul / Breaking Bad (*SPOILERS FROM POST #18 ONWARD*)

Started by Matt2112, April 21, 2022, 06:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

S6 Ep 12

Penultimate episode; written and directed by co-showrunner Vince Gilligan and possibly the finest hour of dramatic brilliance he's ever put on screen.

There will be Emmys for this - just sublime, stunning stuff.

If the final episode is anywhere near as good then this series will go down as the best I have ever seen.

pxr5

And it's complete. I'm just going to finish off The Sandman then I'm going to watch this last series. I've read one of the episodes is incredible - let's see.  ;D
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Matt2112

S6 Ep 13

And we're done.

The conclusion was nicely done, I thought.

Going to re-watch BB next... :)

Matt2112

****** SPOILERS ALERT ******

***SPOILERS*** FROM THIS POINT ONWARD FOR:

BETTER CALL SAUL

AND

BREAKING BAD

ALL SEASONS - ALL EPISODES !

THANK YOU !!

Matt2112

Breaking Bad S1 Ep 1

Wow, they packed a lot into this pilot; I can imagine the brief: introduce the narrative style of the show with a classic cold opening hook, then establish the principal characters, send them straight into an engrossing, suspenseful plot, all so that the audience is ravenous for more by the end - and do all of that in under an hour.

I wonder if they originally had a longer running time in mind, but such is the brilliance of everything about this show they managed to successfully pare it down.

This being the second time around, and knowing what we now know of BB and BCS, there were things that struck me anew:

***SPOILER ALERT***

- Walter explaining chemistry to his class says it is "growth, then decay, then transformation", which seems to be a prescient comment on his forthcoming character arc;

- the hoodlum drug dealer Emilio who is caught pretty much red-handed by the DEA in the meth lab is released on bail very quickly; I wonder which lawyer could have facilitated that? :)  Of course, he comes to a sticky end, which brings me to:

- lo and behold, if it isn't the Emilio who is accompanied by Jesse on what is apparently their first visit to Saul Goldman's legal surgery in the penultimate episode of BCS...!

pxr5

I'm about half way through the final series of Better Call Saul. As brilliant as ever - I can't wait to see how it pans out, but then it'll be all over - boo.

pxr5

3 episodes left which we'll watch tonight. Some real surprises in the last few episodes.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It amazes how good some American shows can be and still be popular, when there is so much trite rubbish about.

pxr5

We finished it last night. Quite sad that it's finished, but I suppose it had to end sometime. There were no real surprises at the end and seemed a fitting (and justified) conclusion.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.