Competitive Cycling

Started by Nickslikk2112, June 16, 2023, 09:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenop

By the way, spectators, motard & TDF hotshots in a car blocking the road on the climb again was disgraceful.

Thenop

Excellent win for Asgreen today, just staying ahead of the pack. Honourable mention for Dutch no2 Eenhoorn.

Tomorrow again something for the breakaway, hoping MvdP can show himself.

Nickslikk2112

Well done that Breakaway :) Was shouting at the telly at that one. So glad that Jasper Philipsen didn't get another win. I've taken an irrational dislike to him this tour, but I've got reason to now after he blocked Pascal Eenkhoorn from trying to get to the breakaway.

The Alpecin Team car said that MvdP will be going for it tomorrow. I expect Pidcock will too, could be one of the reasons for him dropping back these last few mountain stages.

Thenop

Surprisingly interesting today. Great winner, lovely man.

Tomorrow the last real stage, serious climbing, looking forward to it!

Nickslikk2112

And Asgreen was so unlucky not to get two stages in a row.

MvdP and Pidcock did make the break, but pulled up no trees.

Tomorrow's stage could be another full on day with people fighting for the minor placings. Bring it on.

Nickslikk2112

All over bar the shouting now. The curmudgeon in me hopes Vingegaard crashes a metre from the 3km limit and then spends 8 minutes getting back on his bike. But that's just me.

Thought today didn't deliver as much as it could, but Gall wanted a stage win and to maintain his GC position over the Polka Dots. Pinot put on a good show and it was good to see Pog back to winning ways and for the Yates brothers to come in third and fourth overall.

Nasty crash for Carlos Rodriquez and Sepp Kuss, Team JV dais it was Rodriguez's tyre exploding that dropped him and Sepp rode over him.

Just a processional stage now, but the Tour de France Femmes starts tomorrow.

Thenop

But of a letdown today to be honest, Tour is done.
Ciccone polka dots, well done.
One more sprint tomorrow and then on to see if van Vleuten can win 6 large tours in a row.

Nickslikk2112

Glad the men's stages were more exciting than that. Took a long while to kick off. Was hoping to ride rather than watch the final men's stage, but I'm not going out in the wet.

Thenop

Nice for Kopecky to take the first yellow but I agree, quite boring.

Feel bad for the Spanish lady who fell. Quite annoyed with the cameras hoovering over her getting all the footage. Clearly she was seriously injured, leave her be vultures  >:(

Thenop

That was a surprise! Nice though, another Belgian winner in the sprint.

2023 Tour done, Tour de Femmes to be rolled out and then the Vuelta. With...that's right Vingegaard & Roglic in the same team. JV going for the 3 tours this year.

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Thenop on July 23, 2023, 03:51:18 PMClearly she was seriously injured, leave her be vultures  >:(
Yes, the commentators here were saying leave her be, she's crashed that's all we need to know.

Well done Jordi Meeus today, didn't see that coming and nice to see Pog on the attack, wasn't that keen on him when he appeared on the scene, but I like him more and more.

And yes Vingegaard and Roglic for the Vuelta. Geraint Thomas must have sunk into his chair hearing that.

Nickslikk2112

Good win for Arnaud de Lie today in the Tour de Wallonie.

He had a crash in May resulting in a  fracture to his sternum along with a broken rib, a collapsed lung and a broken left collarbone. I'd still be in bed...

Thenop

Interesting and hard finish in the TDF Femmes today. Well done beating the yellow jersey by the Austrian.

Some unfortunate crashes due to a slippery road, I hope Eva van Agt is OK, she crashed badly and slipped under the guiderail. Didn't look good.

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Thenop on July 24, 2023, 04:55:05 PMInteresting and hard finish in the TDF Femmes today. Well done beating the yellow jersey by the Austrian.

Some unfortunate crashes due to a slippery road, I hope Eva van Agt is OK, she crashed badly and slipped under the guiderail. Didn't look good.
Yes, the weather gods smiled on the men's race. The Eva van Agt crash didn't look good at all, don't like descending in the wet, let alone racing in it.

And one small point, Liane Lippert's German, I watch too much cycling...

Thenop

Yeah just realized that, German, Austrian... It's the language, I saw the post race interview. Should've picked up on the jersey...  ::)