This is Ukraine - Do not Panic.

Started by Rufus_the_dawg, February 24, 2022, 05:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David L

Interesting observation regarding MSM's reporting of the situation on Mariupol last night. Having consistently failed to mention the very existence of the Azov Battalion and dismissing any Russian talk of Nazis as "nonsense", news reports quoted an Azov commander and then stated that the 'group' had been used by Putin to justify his "de-Nazifying" rhetoric.
At the same time the Battalion's insignia was displayed on our TV screens.

"does that look like a swastika to you, dear?"  ;D

I think it was far more important to get everyone to add the Ukrainian flag to their Facebook profiles early doors and puff Zelensky up to rock star status.
Putin is still a c**t, obviously but our media only tell us what they want to. Manipulators

Rufus_the_dawg

Yes and Putin says he is sticking up for "Russian speaking peoples" and how many "Russian speaking peoples" have died because of the consequence of his mad mind.

Nick

The Ukraians appear to have sunk the "Moscow" , flagship of the Black Sea fleet.

Slim

I think it's seriously damaged anyway. I feel simultaneously hearted and disheartened, somehow. Might only be a matter of time before Putin blames NATO and then things might escalate a bit.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nick

Quote from: Slim on April 14, 2022, 10:31:40 AMI think it's seriously damaged anyway. I feel simultaneously hearted and disheartened, somehow. Might only be a matter of time before Putin blames NATO and then things might escalate a bit.

I'm sure the Ruskies will hit some cities hard with missiles in revenge. Double edged sword.

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Nick on April 14, 2022, 09:46:46 AMThe Ukraians appear to have sunk the "Moscow" , flagship of the Black Sea fleet.
It is on a special underwater mission to denazify the seabed.

Nick

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on April 14, 2022, 12:58:51 PM
Quote from: Nick on April 14, 2022, 09:46:46 AMThe Ukraians appear to have sunk the "Moscow" , flagship of the Black Sea fleet.

Apparently still afloat but heavily damaged.

Rufus_the_dawg

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Nick on April 14, 2022, 01:57:49 PM
Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on April 14, 2022, 12:58:51 PM

Apparently still afloat but heavily damaged.
They think it's all under, it is now!!!

GOTCHA!!!

Rufus_the_dawg

If the magazines blew up like the news reports are saying that would have been a very big explosion. See picture below this is of a WW1 battleships magazines blowing up.....and yes I know pedants out there different type ship and shells instead of missiles.

Rufus_the_dawg

Moskva stricken and sinking. Fake news apparently. Really the the ship is doing very well on mars!

Slim

Death sentence for British fighters

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-61726733

Awful but I have to say, they must have known the risk.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on June 09, 2022, 04:22:45 PMDeath sentence for British fighters

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-61726733

Awful but I have to say, they must have known the risk.
If you're minting a bargaining chip......make it a big one!

Nick

Sentenced by the DNR so not technically Russia.