What's made you grumpy today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Picnic Wasp

I know that it was a repeat last night, but the BBC News caption describing the asteroid expert as an astrologer really burst my knitting. We're legally bound to pay these muppets a fee.🤬

Slim

I ordered a Mica Paris CD as an upgrade to the vinyl copy I've had since 1990. Amazon sent me Beethoven's Concerto no. 5, performed by the Australian Chamber Orchestra.

On the plus side, when I initiated the return process to get a refund, they said I could keep it.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Thenop

Quote from: Slim on May 04, 2024, 10:54:39 PMI ordered a Mica Paris CD as an upgrade to the vinyl copy I've had since 1990. Amazon sent me Beethoven's Concerto no. 5, performed by the Australian Chamber Orchestra.

On the plus side, when I initiated the return process to get a refund, they said I could keep it.

See? Should've stuck to vinyl after all.

Thenop

Wife fell off her horse, literally  :-\
Fortunately she has an AirVest, so she's OK, except for a sore bum.

It happens, I know, it's part of the game, I know. I have done enough stupid stuff that was way more dangerous than this. So be it.

Nickslikk2112

Spending the rest of the year's gig ticket budget on David Gilmour at the RAH

I suppose I'd spend that much on a Michelin starred meal out though and what do you really get for that? I suppose I might get a T-Shirt now...

The Picnic Wasp

Being told by the double glazing salesman on his follow up phone call that the door installation I require isn't available "on this planet". One phone call this morning to a company in Cheshire and looks like it's not a problem. Good old Englandshire.

Matt2112

Slightly annoyed seeing all the spectacular pictures taken barely two miles from my village of last night's Aurora Borealis.

From the field I viewed it from I could see only a silver, ghostly glow emanating from Bootes - none of the other colours of the spectrum. 

Maybe I'll have more luck tonight.

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Matt2112 on Today at 12:04:35 PMSlightly annoyed seeing all the spectacular pictures taken barely two miles from my village of last night's Aurora Borealis.

From the field I viewed it from I could see only a silver, ghostly glow emanating from Bootes - none of the other colours of the spectrum. 

Maybe I'll have more luck tonight.

My neighbour went to Loch Lomond last night to escape light pollution to an extent. He said most of it appeared just as a wavy glow, but his iPhone photos on night mode display all the colours. Wish I knew how to post them here, they are excellent.

Slim

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on Today at 12:10:20 PMMy neighbour went to Loch Lomond last night to escape light pollution to an extent. He said most of it appeared just as a wavy glow, but his iPhone photos on night mode display all the colours. Wish I knew how to post them here, they are excellent.

Email a couple to me if you like, I'll sort it out. Let me know and I'll PM you an email address.

I went outside but couldn't see much. Too much light pollution to the north I think. I did take a couple of pics myself and you can see the effect, but it's very faint.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan