What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc

Started by pxr5, February 23, 2022, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

Finished se01 of The White Lotus last night - very enjoyable, if a tad weird at times. I'll let that one digest before watching series 2 in Sicily. 
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

pxr5

Shadow and Bone series 2. I could barely remember series 1 it was that long ago (2 years lol) and it started without a recap so I had to read a synopsis of the first series. Based on the books of the same name it creates an interesting world with some strange characters. It's developed to have 2 story arcs: the main one being a dullish teen adventure, the second an odd gang of reprobates with a mission unknown as yet - but much more thrilling. There are 3 books in the series, so probably another series to come yet. Not too shabby - 7/10

Fishy

From The Land of Honest Men

R6GYY

6 episodes into the 3rd season of Jack Ryan and I will say this (to me) is the most enjoyable so far.

I think that it is the 'cold war' vibe, although very much up to date of course with Russia's actions.

Excellent TV.

Red Lenses

Six Four (ITVX), only 4 episodes and decent enough - 7/10.

Mandalorian Season 3 (Disney+), 5 episodes in and enjoying it so far.

Fishy

Just finished Beef.. pretty good

pxr5

Quote from: Fishy on April 25, 2023, 02:34:39 PMJust finished Beef.. pretty good
Just started. 3 episodes in and enjoying it a lot.

pxr5

And Beef finished tonight. Started out really well, but stopped being a comedy half way through and became a serious drama that ended in a strange sort of way. I really didn't like either of the main characters either - no empathy or sympathy. 6/10

R6GYY

Citadel (Amazon Prime).

We have been eagerly awaiting this since seeing the trailers, and the 1st 2 episodes are available now.

We are hooked in. The only downer is that the 40 minute episodes just fly by. Terrific stuff and looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

pxr5

A movie last night: Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. 95% of the film takes place in a CGI world - the Quantum Realm - the visual effects are stunning and look glorious in 4K HDR. But that's where the good bits end unfortunately. It's just another weak MCU movie. The 4 main actors: Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Michelle Pfeiffer and Michael Douglas whilst all great had no chance to shine as it's all about the effects. The story, what it is, is so shallow that a school kid could have come up with it. A shame really as this is supposed to be start of Phase 5 of the MCU, which doesn't give much confidence in what is to come. 4/10

Fishy

Quote from: R6GYY on April 29, 2023, 12:30:19 AMCitadel (Amazon Prime).

We have been eagerly awaiting this since seeing the trailers, and the 1st 2 episodes are available now.

We are hooked in. The only downer is that the 40 minute episodes just fly by. Terrific stuff and looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

We watched the first one last night😀

Fishy

Quote from: R6GYY on April 29, 2023, 12:30:19 AMCitadel (Amazon Prime).

Watched the 2nd one tonight...👍

R6GYY

Quote from: Fishy on May 01, 2023, 09:37:37 PMWatched the 2nd one tonight...👍
If this series keeps up what has been delivered (and promised?) so far, then 6 x 40 minute episodes is going to feel woefully short  :'(

It appears to be generating quite a lot of 'buzz' so hopefully there will be a Season 2 and it will be green-lit pretty quickly.

Fishy

Quote from: R6GYY on May 02, 2023, 10:19:19 AM
Quote from: Fishy on May 01, 2023, 09:37:37 PMWatched the 2nd one tonight...👍
If this series keeps up what has been delivered (and promised?) so far, then 6 x 40 minute episodes is going to feel woefully short  :'(

It appears to be generating quite a lot of 'buzz' so hopefully there will be a Season 2 and it will be green-lit pretty quickly.

It's good fun but I'm not sure about Maddens American accent???

Fishy