What's made your day today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishy

Iona..... fab.. drive to it.. not so fab...
From The Land of Honest Men

Thenop

My day was made largely by the fact it is a national holiday - King's day. Not a huge fan of monarchy but since it is mostly ceremonial these days I mind less. Plus it's a day off  ;)
Spoke to a colleague from England yesterday while in the office and asked him about his plans for this day. He told me he'd be trying to avoid most festivities citing 'you guys are crazy' when it comes to celebrations. A wise decision although I prefer the quiet life these days.
Back to work tomorrow...

Matt2112

A 500-mile round-trip using 8 trains (if you count the tube) to support my team made more than worthwhile by them winning. 8)

Rufus_the_dawg

Walked up our lane from the pub on Friday evening and spotted 21 different wild flowers in flower just along the verge. And I have just been told there are 3 pairs of Flycatchers near where I live.

Matt2112

Thinking about our annual jolly to Greece (exact location TBD) and being reminded that virtually all Covid restrictions for entry in both directions have just been dropped - no requirement for proof of vaccinations, nor proof of a negative test, nor proof of recent infection; no more PLFs to complete...

About time!

David L

Quote from: Matt2112 on May 06, 2022, 12:52:41 PMThinking about our annual jolly to Greece (exact location TBD) and being reminded that virtually all Covid restrictions for entry in both directions have just been dropped - no requirement for proof of vaccinations, nor proof of a negative test, nor proof of recent infection; no more PLFs to complete...

About time!
Might be able to go abroad soon then   :)

Slim

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nickslikk2112

As people may be aware, I am a keen family historian and have taken an Ancestry DNA test. Last night I got a match with a Scott Stringfellow, who turns out to be the son of Peter Stringfellow. An hours digging around today has led to a reasonable linkage to say that Peter Stringfellow was my 7th Cousin! But why should being related to a Deedah make my day?

It also appears that I'm 2nd Cousin 5 times removed to John Stringfellow, an early aeronautical inventor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Stringfellow

It's a funny old world.

pxr5

We met Sophie from Gogglebox in town today - what a nice young woman she is.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Thenop

Last day at work before a week long break. So come to think of it, tomorrow is really the 'what's made my day' event.

Matt2112

Council tax cash reimbursement has landed. 

Cheers, Dishy! I think.

pdw1

Today is my son's last day at school before his A-levels start

Nickslikk2112

Yesterday was seeing the Von Hertzen Brothers in Nottingham - Mrs S ended up with Mikko Von H laying back across her shoulder, but she thinks he was more interested in the Finnish PM lookalike to her left.

Slim

MASSIVE day today. FA Cup final. Eurovision. Forest in a Championship play-off.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

R6GYY

Ethiopia Guji Hambela Natural coffee beans from Heartland Coffee Roasters in Llandudno.

I have had this as an espresso (in a flat white) at Providero in Llandudno and it was outstanding.

But this morning I made it as a filter brew and it was stunning.

https://www.heartland.coffee/product/ethiopia-guji-hambela-natural/269