What's made your day today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Nick on May 25, 2022, 08:03:02 AMLooks like you will be making sure she will have a meal on the table when she gets back from work, bit of cleaning in the day as well  ;)
A bit of cleaning maybe, but the boy cooks the evening meal - we can't do it right  :o

pxr5

Just settling down to watch the Rugby League Challenge Cup final. Go Wigan.  ;D  8)
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

pdw1

A few beer with TNMS friends i haven't seen in ages.

David L

The Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, will miss the jubilee celebrations after catching the ungodly coronavirus. Shame  ;D

Matt2112

I've finally taken the plunge on a new 75" Samsung TV.

It's the model immediately below the QLED range, which I considered but decided the price jump wasn't quite justified; the whole 2021 range have plummeted in price now the 2022 models are out, and I also bagged a special bank holiday jubilee offer of a 20% discount (and effectively chipped a bit more off through topcashback).

Can't wait to showcase a favourite Blu-ray on it (2001: A Space Odyssey, maybe). :)

Nick

Hiring a boat and exploring the Fal Estuary

Slim

Quote from: Nick on May 30, 2022, 06:49:18 PMHiring a boat and exploring the Fal Estuary

Nice, I had a boat trip along the Fal years ago. I well remember the ships laid up there.

Just did a search for "ships laid up river Fal" and found a video I uploaded myself in 2009 :o

I'd forgotten that I did that.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nickslikk2112

Didn't really make my day and it wasn't under the best of circumstances, but I had a good old reminisce today.

It was the funeral of an old boss of mine - and my dad was his boss - so there were a good number of folk I used to work with there, all further up the food chain than me, but we had a good culture there so it was good to catch up.

I saved the best memories for Mrs S, like the Christmas do we had where the pub buffet was covered in flies and spiders. The Managing Director went to complain, only to find out they had been placed there by yours truly as I'd recently purchased a Bag'o'Flies and a Bag'o'Spiders. :) The MD went on to become boss of the CIA

Then there was the time where the company canvassed local opinion as to what they thought of us. Daft idea as we were a chemical company and were disliked as a source of imminent poisoning. Anyway, I got hold of a good quantity of these leaflets and filled them in with general rubbish, my favourite being "YOU SCUM, YOU KILLED MY CHICKENS" I did share these with my office colleagues. At the first team briefing after this the Personnel Director told us how the survey went and he happened to mention about the death of someone's chickens. :) I've never seen so many people biting their tongues before. I didn't remind him of this today.

Nick

A nice pub lunch, pint and a sea bass linguine at a pub on the Helford Passage, sun shining and all felt well in the world.

Slim

Djokovic out of the French Open.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Matt2112

Took the little 'un to a play gym today and she had a great time with a girl she'd never previously met; the two of them playing, riding cars together, chasing each other around, constantly giggling, stealing my glasses etc etc was - how can I put this - a scene that could have been set to the soundtrack of an MLK speech. ;)

Matt2112

Quote from: Matt2112 on May 30, 2022, 05:41:43 PMI've finally taken the plunge on a new 75" Samsung TV.

Arrived early this morning - looked like we were having a new dining table delivered. :o

It took a bit of a military operation to get it cabled up and in situ, and I went through my usual OCD with the picture and audio sync settings, but finally I've gone from having a fairly big home TV, to having a genuine big f**k off home cinema screen. :) 

R6GYY

Sneaking off to my (air gun) shooting club today for an hour. Shooting there is free on any public holiday :D

I only saw 3 others there today and it was very tranquil in our little woodland world.

A very enjoyable hour.

pdw1

Day out in deepest darkest Suffolk.
Ended up here for lunch

also doubles as a brewery so brought home some samples

Slim

Quote from: R6GYY on June 02, 2022, 03:40:15 PMSneaking off to my (air gun) shooting club today for an hour. Shooting there is free on any public holiday :D

I only saw 3 others there today and it was very tranquil in our little woodland world.

A very enjoyable hour.

Nice! Did you get any squirrels?

A long time ago I was a regular target shooter, haven't done that for over 20 years now.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan