What's made you grumpy today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

Village road resurfacing update: work in front of my dive has been completed to my satisfaction. I'll think twice before any NIMBY knee-jerking next time...::)

Fishy

Family lose £165 Ryanair check-in dispute https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68404575

Ryanair are cunts...
From The Land of Honest Men

Fishy

Deaths of Dave Myers (hairy bikers) and Richard Lewis (Curb your enthusiasm)
From The Land of Honest Men

R6GYY

Finding a back issue of a magazine I am collecting at a great price - £5.

Unfortunately it is in Canada and they have quoted me 76.80 (£44-ish) Canadian dollars for shipping to the UK.

I don't need it that badly.

I looked at Royal Mail and was quoted about £10 to do a tracked shipment to Canada.

Grrr.

Nickslikk2112

Manflu.

Still gave me a good reason to slump in front of the TV and watch five hours of cycling. Pity I'm now not up to getting out Astride a Bianchi.

David L

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on March 02, 2024, 04:26:01 PMManflu.

Still gave me a good reason to slump in front of the TV and watch five hours of cycling. Pity I'm now not up to getting out Astride a Bianchi.
Get well soon

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: David L on March 02, 2024, 05:09:32 PM

Get well soon
Thank You :)

I've perked up enough to enjoy a glass of Sherry.

Thenop

.. And Paris Nice starting today. Could be a happy coincidence  ;D
Feel better!

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Thenop on March 03, 2024, 05:29:48 AM.. And Paris Nice starting today. Could be a happy coincidence  ;D
Feel better!
And there was the GP Jean-Pierre Monseré too  :)

Sooner have been out cycling, but Mrs S thought I should rest up.

The Picnic Wasp

Ordered a nice little guitar amp to enjoy on my birthday yesterday. Paid for Saturday delivery, no show, then text to tell me not even arriving today. Now cancelled. Thank you Guitar Guitar and not for the first time. Andertons from now on in. Would always prefer to support a local store but more fool me. I really hope I don't have to prise the refund out of them as I'm not in the mood.

Matt2112

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on March 03, 2024, 05:55:33 PMOrdered a nice little guitar amp to enjoy on my birthday yesterday. Paid for Saturday delivery, no show, then text to tell me not even arriving today. Now cancelled. Thank you Guitar Guitar and not for the first time. Andertons from now on in. Would always prefer to support a local store but more fool me. I really hope I don't have to prise the refund out of them as I'm not in the mood.

Shame that.  Last Friday I ordered a Gator guitar case from Sheffield-based Richtone Music for a Saturday delivery and it turned up well before lunch time.  They've always been very good for items large and small.

The Picnic Wasp

Finished my deliberately slow read of a Christmas present My 'Effin Life. Will have to find another mid-afternoon pleasure now that daylight is more generous to the front of the house. A more complex character than I endlessly tried to imagine when I was a young lad. He definitely has ignited in me the spark to write again, although the sadness in me which the final few pages brought will take a while to lift. I wonder if it's normal to have such a connection with one group of strangers for an entire lifetime. Probably not, but who cares? It would just be the same folk who wouldn't read my book. Which incidentally has a title, Stone In My Shoe.

pxr5

Second month in a row of winning sweet FA on the Premium Bonds. Time to cash them in and dump the money in ISAs.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Slim

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on March 04, 2024, 05:41:07 PMProbably not, but who cares? It would just be the same folk who wouldn't read my book. Which incidentally has a title, Stone In My Shoe.

Tell us more about this? Perhaps start a thread. Will you self-publish it?
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Slim on March 04, 2024, 07:08:05 PM
Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on March 04, 2024, 05:41:07 PMProbably not, but who cares? It would just be the same folk who wouldn't read my book. Which incidentally has a title, Stone In My Shoe.

Tell us more about this? Perhaps start a thread. Will you self-publish it?

Publication didn't cross my mind, until now. It would involve a fair bit of courage to open up like that.