Wordle - may contain spoilers

Started by Slim, February 23, 2022, 12:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenop

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on March 23, 2023, 11:34:34 AMTried it in Dutch for a laugh. Got the last four letters but can't show my failure as I don't know any Dutch, so couldn't find a word that looked like share.😁

;D
Dutch word was 'namen' which is Dutch for names. It is 'one of those' words where you get to -a-en and there over 15 to 20 words you can make.
Dutch uses a lot of the letter N. Every other word ends on it. It is by far the most used vowel in our vocabulary.

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Thenop on March 23, 2023, 04:17:12 PM
Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on March 23, 2023, 11:34:34 AMTried it in Dutch for a laugh. Got the last four letters but can't show my failure as I don't know any Dutch, so couldn't find a word that looked like share.😁

;D
Dutch word was 'namen' which is Dutch for names. It is 'one of those' words where you get to -a-en and there over 15 to 20 words you can make.
Dutch uses a lot of the letter N. Every other word ends on it. It is by far the most used vowel in our vocabulary.

Thank you. I revisited my attempt and clicked Delen. That copied my answer so I inserted it above. It was good fun because I had to just think of five letter words which might be Dutch. Most weren't 😁. Very slightly annoyed that I didn't start with an N as it seems more logical now. I think I'll check if there's a French version as at least I have a schooldays smattering of that at least. Or maybe Latin 😂.

The Picnic Wasp

Wordle 🇫🇷 French Unlimited
4/6

⬜🟨⬜🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

French result. Great start word. Ten minutes.

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on March 23, 2023, 05:17:38 PM
Quote from: Thenop on March 23, 2023, 04:17:12 PM

;D

Thank you. I revisited my attempt and clicked Delen. That copied my answer so I inserted it above. It was good fun because I had to just think of five letter words which might be Dutch. Most weren't 😁. Very slightly annoyed that I didn't start with an N as it seems more logical now. I think I'll check if there's a French version as at least I have a schooldays smattering of that at least. Or maybe Latin 😂.

And in Latin.......nearly got there!

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜

My vocabulary memory let me down. It was a long time ago.

Fishy

Wordle 643 5/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

About 10 mins.. third word took a long time...
From The Land of Honest Men

Thenop

Wordle 643 5/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩
⬛⬛⬛🟨🟩
🟨🟨🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Went off script for word 3 to get a better idea fo what I was looking for.

R6GYY

Wordle 643 4/6*

⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

A couple of minutes, and the solution is a word that I once used as a starter. I remember that  ;D

Slim

Wordle 643 4/6

⬛🟨🟩🟨⬛
🟨⬛🟩⬛🟩
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Took about 25 minutes! Most of it deliberating the second word actually. I thought of it in about a minute but wasn't keen. But I didn't find a plausible alternative.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Wordle 643 2/6

⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Thirty seconds, but as soon as I got it I couldn't wait to get on here as I was sure someone had quoted this as a start word in the past. Unlucky Reg!

Thenop

Wordle 644 5/6

⬛🟨⬛⬛🟨
🟨🟨⬛⬛🟨
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟨⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Minute or 3. Built op quite well this attempt.

Fishy

Wordle 644 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟨⬜🟨⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

About 5 mins...
From The Land of Honest Men

Slim

Wordle 644 3/6

🟨🟩⬛⬛🟨
🟨🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

One minute. Used a new starting word but actually the starting word I've used most frequently over the last few weeks would have done an even better job.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Wordle 644 X/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟨🟩⬛🟩⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟩
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟩
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟨🟩🟩

Nah! Knew it was going to be a struggle after line three. I could think of five options going into my last chance.

R6GYY

Wordle 644 4/6*

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨🟨
🟨🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

About 4 minutes. I did have to think quite a bit for the final solution.

Thenop

Wordle 645 2/6

⬛🟨🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Amazed myself today. Big time.