Gerry Anderson - A Life Uncharted

Started by R6GYY, February 28, 2022, 11:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Here's something I didn't know until today - Sylvia Anderson based the Spectrum uniforms on the Pierre Cardin 'Cosmos' collection from 1967:

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Can you imagine how annoyed you'd be if you spent your hard-earned on one of these outfits in 1967, then a year later every time you went out in it people thought you were wearing a Captain Scarlet costume?

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

You wouldn't want a brown one .... He got killed...
From The Land of Honest Men

Fishy

Just finished watching the Life Uncharted doc.. gosh it was very sad.. he had a fairly miserable childhood... poor family relations.. a brother who he looked up to as a hero who got killed in the war and some miserable marriages...

Slim

About a year ago his son was interviewed on 5 Live - can't remember why, maybe promoting a book or a radio biography. Come to think of it it was almost certainly for A Life Uncharted.

He said that Gerry's mum wouldn't let him have any toys, isn't that ironic? The only things he had were given to him by a prostitute who was a neighbour (if I remember correctly).

And when his brother died, their mum told Gerry that she wished he'd died instead.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

Sylvia Anderson came across as a pretty loathsome individual as well...

R6GYY

Quote from: Fishy on April 26, 2023, 01:16:38 PMI still have thunderbird 2 on a shelf in the "office" at home
I have a Meccano Thunderbird 2 with Mole which I paid about £8 for on Groupon or Wowcher.

Now going for stupid money . . .

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MECCANO-6027350-Thunderbird-2-Multi-Colour/dp/B015PWPQHE

Fishy

Interesting in the doc they speculate that Zelda from Terrahawks (which I thought was fkn awful) resembled Sylvia....

David L

I watched the Captain Scarlet doc yesterday - great stuff!

"the white one with the box of gold bullion onboard" - Maximum Security Vehicle  :)

Slim

Found a nice shot of the Moonbase set from UFO

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

Heard Jamie Anderson on the radio this morning.. they're trying to track down the guy who voiced Joe 90 .. Len Jones