What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc

Started by pxr5, February 23, 2022, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishy

From The Land of Honest Men

R6GYY

dom

What Richard Did, a 2012 Irish film based on the 2000 murder of 18 year old Brian Murphy in Dublin.

Well made film, thought provoking.

pxr5

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law I've had this to watch for ages now but with not much else to watch I fancied, I eventually gave this a shot, with not much hope of it being any good tbh. You know what though it's actually OK. These things are always better when the main focus is humour (see Deadpool, Peacemaker, Loki) and this has lots of funny moments. Each ep is its own story too and relatively short at 30 minutes or so. The reviews are poor but it's miles better than some other recent super hero stuff (see Aquaman) 8/10
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Fishy

Curb Your Enthusiasm  ep 1 season 12

R6GYY

Fishy

Amityville an origin story.. 4 part doc on iPlayer.  Very interesting..

pxr5

Code 8 - A neat, low budget scifi from 2019. I only came across this as part 2 is released later this year. It was made on a small budget (2 million) which was crowd funded, but they really managed to squeeze every last drop of the cash to produce a decent movie. I'm really looking forward to part 2. 8/10

captainkurtz

Midway through season 3 of slow horses.  Fantastic stuff.

pxr5

Ms. Marvel. We only managed 1.5 episodes before sacking it off. I'd have carried on but my wife was adamant. Wasn't great tbh.

captainkurtz

Finished all 3 seasons of slow horses in a few weeks.  Loved it.

Fishy

pxr5

Quote from: Fishy on February 15, 2024, 10:07:30 PMStarted on True Detective Season 1
It's very good. I'm just waiting for season 4 to complete until I start watching.

pxr5

I was getting zombie withdrawal symptoms so started on The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon last night. It has a really different feel to other TWD series and a European setting adds to that; though it's not been shared yet how on earth he ended up washed ashore in France.

Se04 of True Detective concludes this weekend (6 episodes in total). So that will be our next watch.

R6GYY

Ooh - new Grand Tour tonight. This, and one more, and that will be that I've heard. Not surprised really - none of them are getting any younger.