What's made your day today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenop

Yes, so on with the bag search, and I found one (I am very picky), but it's only sold in the USA. Ughh. My wife (who by now was sick of hearing me talk about a bag - normal housholds have reversed discussions I am told) uttered: "just buy the damn thing".
So I did, but before I did I had a clear moment and Googled "discount code Kodiak leather". Found 3 of them, 30 & 20% did not work, but the 15% did! So, had a 15% discount the bag I wanted.

All of this is a pre cursor to another rant how sh!t UPS is in delivering I am sure, but I am savouring this moment.

Thenop

Ah! The scaffolding is gone! Took them nearly a month but they say "the leakage should be gone".
I am NOT hoping for rain, yet I am ;)  ::)

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Thenop on May 01, 2024, 06:20:11 PMYes, so on with the bag search, and I found one (I am very picky), but it's only sold in the USA. Ughh. My wife (who by now was sick of hearing me talk about a bag - normal housholds have reversed discussions I am told) uttered: "just buy the damn thing".
So I did, but before I did I had a clear moment and Googled "discount code Kodiak leather". Found 3 of them, 30 & 20% did not work, but the 15% did! So, had a 15% discount the bag I wanted.

All of this is a pre cursor to another rant how sh!t UPS is in delivering I am sure, but I am savouring this moment.

Don't know what you're looking for exactly, but I recently bought my sister a leather backpack from www.mahileather.com  Indian company with decent website and good reviews. Prices seemed ok to me and quality was good. Arrived FedEx in five working days including personalised monogram stitching.

Nickslikk2112

It may not have been the greatest year weatherwise - too much rain and wind - but the Robins and Blackbirds in our garden have fledged chicks. Never known it so early, I suppose that it hasn't been too cold this year. Not been warm, but not cold.

Fishy

Jamail Singh  PO Lawyer .... Cunt
From The Land of Honest Men

Nickslikk2112

Booked for Tommy Banks' gaff Roots in York a few months ago. Got an email from them last night saying "Book a meal on Wednesday or Thursday in May or June and get a free wine flight of our in house canned wines!". Bugger I thought, but then noticed it said "If you have already booked, send an email if you're interested"

Interested? It's a freebie! It may be 1846 since my last Yorkshire born ancestor left for Derbyshire, but it has left me with shorter than average arms and longer than average pockets! And I'm sure a Michelin starred restaurant wouldn't serve up tinny tasting wine in tins, so off an email went.

Got an email back today saying of course we can make use of the offer and my booking is amended :) Only trouble is, now I'm saving money I'll splash out on the optional cheese course...

pdw1

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on May 04, 2024, 09:43:10 PMBooked for Tommy Banks' gaff Roots in York a few months ago. Got an email from them last night saying "Book a meal on Wednesday or Thursday in May or June and get a free wine flight of our in house canned wines!". Bugger I thought, but then noticed it said "If you have already booked, send an email if you're interested"

Interested? It's a freebie! It may be 1846 since my last Yorkshire born ancestor left for Derbyshire, but it has left me with shorter than average arms and longer than average pockets! And I'm sure a Michelin starred restaurant wouldn't serve up tinny tasting wine in tins, so off an email went.

Got an email back today saying of course we can make use of the offer and my booking is amended :) Only trouble is, now I'm saving money I'll splash out on the optional cheese course...
There is no such thing as an optional cheese course

The Picnic Wasp

Breakfast. Porridge with fresh raspberries and blueberries, but the blueberries were the star. Never eaten such big blueberries before. More the size of grapes. Eureka variety from Morocco which I bought in Home Bargains of all places. Only in for dog food so a lucky spot.

Matt2112

Keeping the food theme, we'll be treated to a sumptuous meal today from the little un's Cypriot grandma as it's Greek Easter - and it's nice to celebrate the resurrection of Zeus. ;)

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Matt2112 on May 05, 2024, 01:54:47 PMKeeping the food theme, we'll be treated to a sumptuous meal today from the little un's Cypriot grandma as it's Greek Easter - and it's nice to celebrate the resurrection of Zeus. ;)

Ach, Matt! You were so close to a like.😁

Thenop

Our combination of May 4 & 5:
May 4 is Rememberance day - all those who fell, mainly we think of the casualties in WW2. 2 minutes of silence at 8PM, all the country goes quiet

May 5th is Liberation Day - The Germans signed the document in which they capitalized. We celebrate we can live in freedom

Sure there are a lot of things to be said on both these days, and most Dutchies do. Bunch of opiniated knobs most of the  time. As long as they remember we can voice that opinion because we live in the free country we live in, I am OK with that...

(yes this could just as well have gone into the grumpy thread, but on a day like to day, let's not)

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: pdw1 on May 04, 2024, 09:49:40 PM
Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on May 04, 2024, 09:43:10 PMBooked for Tommy Banks' gaff Roots in York a few months ago. Got an email from them last night saying "Book a meal on Wednesday or Thursday in May or June and get a free wine flight of our in house canned wines!". Bugger I thought, but then noticed it said "If you have already booked, send an email if you're interested"

There is no such thing as an optional cheese course
There is at Michelin Star prices!

That said, I do regularly shell out. Sometimes it's a rip-off, other times  you get goodly quantities of unusual cheeses.