Signals 40th Ann. Release

Started by Thenop, March 03, 2023, 07:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenop

https://www.rush.com/signals-40th-anniversary-release/

Right... Bit disappointed. No live material that I can see and single edits well.. I don't care about those. Books and photos I cannot listen to. And picture discs are hideous.

No Bueno.

Nick

I love Signals, but all I would really want to hear from this is the Atmos mix, I was hoping for a new remix by Stephen Wilson .

pdw1

Very disappointing release; no live stuff and they couldn't even be bothered to put the singles and B-sides on the blu-ray.
I will wait for it to be in the bargain bins.

Fishy

As much as I love this album...How many configurations of one album does the world need ffs.. nonsense
From The Land of Honest Men

captainkurtz

This record deserves better.  Urgh.

David L

It's a cash grab....like all the rest. And there's no live stuff that could trump the last stuff

Matt2112

Should've just released a version where the production clarity and dynamics are enhanced to the standard of modern recordings - which is actually already happening via resourceful YouTubers.

So this seems way behind the curve and a wasted opportunity.

Hopefully more diligence will be applied to GUP and, especially, PoW.

Nick

Yes massive missed opportunity to improve the dynamics missed. Power Windows has to be done right, it could sound insane.

David L

Quote from: Nick on March 05, 2023, 12:08:20 PMYes massive missed opportunity to improve the dynamics missed. Power Windows has to be done right, it could sound insane.
It already does....and doesn't need messing about with. I'm not sure what dynamics are missing from Signals either. The only thing missing from that record is the guitars

Fishy

I can't believe that they don't have a live signals tour show in  the can...to go along with this ridiculous multi format new artwork nonsense

Nick

Quote from: David L on March 05, 2023, 12:51:24 PM
Quote from: Nick on March 05, 2023, 12:08:20 PMYes massive missed opportunity to improve the dynamics missed. Power Windows has to be done right, it could sound insane.
It already does....and doesn't need messing about with. I'm not sure what dynamics are missing from Signals either. The only thing missing from that record is the guitars

I always felt Signals was produced a bit flat.

Fishy

Lifeson always made out the guitars were MIA..synths squeezed them out...

Nick

I can handle the different focus on the instruments but it just needs a lift, someone like Steven Wilson I believe, could make it happen.

captainkurtz

The Dolby atmos mix is excellent, heard loads of different things I'd not heard before.  It's on Apple Music.

Matt2112

The original seems to have all the channels crammed into mid range frequencies. 

The songs are just so good though, that it's not a deal-breaker; or at least it wasn't when I was spinning it endlessly as a nine-year-old.