COVID-19

Started by Slim, March 12, 2022, 11:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickslikk2112

Mrs S has now got COVID. Even though I made her go sleep on the dog shelf downstairs. Although she could have picked it up from a Governor's meeting she was clerking at in the week.

Rufus_the_dawg

....and i'm still testing positive 7th day. Fell fine now.

David L

A very sobering paper recently published (16/03/22) in the BMJ  entitled "The illusion of evidence based medicine". Probably a 5 minute read

https://www.bmj.com/content/376/bmj.o702

Or a video presentation of the same by truth-seeker, Dr. John Campbell which adds some proof of the authors assertions:

https://youtu.be/vZlZIXHT0yA

"we will follow the science"  ;D  ;D  ;D

(Of course it's an opinion piece but probably accurate enough to induce some mild depression)

Matt2112

Had a bit of a phlegmy throat and runny nose recently but have felt generally okay; LFT negative.

In the meantime, hopefully I qualify on my usual technicality for the 4th jab "VIP pre-sale". ;)

David L

Boris lied to parliament then - didn't see that coming  ;D  ;D  ;)

Slim

No, Boris Johnson did not lie to Parliament.

I have no doubt at all that he was given assurances that no rules had been broken, which is what he said to Parliament. Some elements of the Civil Service working at Downing Street, not under his own supervision, appear to have broken some of the rules. And that's partially, I suspect, why there was a clearout a couple of months ago.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on March 30, 2022, 08:21:56 AMNo, Boris Johnson did not lie to Parliament.

I have no doubt at all that he was given assurances that no rules had been broken, which is what he said to Parliament. Some elements of the Civil Service working at Downing Street, not under his own supervision, appear to have broken some of the rules. And that's partially, I suspect, why there was a clearout a couple of months ago.
A statement to the house to clarify that fact is required, I would suggest

Rufus_the_dawg

Quote from: David L on March 30, 2022, 07:00:18 AMBoris lied to parliament then - didn't see that coming  ;D  ;D  ;)

yep "Boris" lied to parliament.

Slim

No, the Prime Minister has not lied to Parliament.

I believe that the PM will be only too pleased to provide some clarification over this once the investigation has concluded as he's already stated, and I'm very much looking forward to that.

In the meantime, the salient point is that to the very best of my knowledge, no-one in the government or the Conservative Party has broken any of the lockdown laws or restrictions. It does look like elements of the civil service have done this and they will answer for it I'm sure, if they haven't already.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Rufus_the_dawg

Quote from: Slim on March 30, 2022, 10:52:24 AMNo, the Prime Minister has not lied to Parliament.

I believe that the PM will be only too pleased to provide some clarification over this once the investigation has concluded as he's already stated, and I'm very much looking forward to that.

In the meantime, the salient point is that to the very best of my knowledge, no-one in the government or the Conservative Party has broken any of the lockdown laws or restrictions. It does look like elements of the civil service have done this and they will answer for it I'm sure, if they haven't already.

What proof would you require to show he lied to parliament? and if that proof is shown will you change your position?

Slim

If it could be proved that he lied to Parliament over the "Partygate" affair, then of course my position would change. At the moment there isn't any evidence of this, let alone proof.

Here's an example of an actual lie; Paul Brand deliberately misleading his Twitter followers:

Paul would not be able to mention one member of the government who has received a fine, and nor can I. It's most likely that those who have received them so far are civil servants.

I've chosen this example because it illustrates the crux of the problem: the media and opposition have spun a story about "Number 10" to give people the impression that the government and the PM are at fault, which amounts to a massive lie. Here though Paul has just typed a straight-out lie.

It's quite possible actually that Paul's husband Joe Cuddeford, who works for the Cabinet Office and presumably hates the Tories as much as he does, has received a fixed penalty over this ridiculous affair.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Rufus_the_dawg

The problem is slim he said in parliament to parliament all covid rules were abided by then he had to apologise to parliament because he went to a party at no. 10. So he said in is own words he went to party at no.10.

So he broke the law and misled parliament. Its in his own words.

I'm leaving it there now. My point has been made and so has yours I do not want to row with you. 8)

Slim

OK. I don't agree with your interpretation there because it's a matter of fact that what he said in Parliament was "I have been assured that.." none of the rules had been broken.

Also I think you'd be hard pushed to find a quote in which he says that he went to a party at Number 10. What I think happened is that he went into the garden at Number 10, and people who were already gathered for work were having a meeting with alcohol there.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nick

My daughter is a nurse and says her hospital is rammed to the gills with covid at the moment, 600 staff off over two hospitals.

David L

Quote from: Nick on March 30, 2022, 08:39:11 PMMy daughter is a nurse and says her hospital is rammed to the gills with covid at the moment, 600 staff off over two hospitals.
Don't worry....we've got the vaccine now  ;D  ;)