What's made your day today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Waitrose is to stop selling Phillip Schofield's wine range which has been described as 'undrinkable' by the retailer's shoppers.

https://www.grocerygazette.co.uk/2022/10/26/waitrose-phillip-schofield/
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on October 27, 2022, 01:29:00 PMWaitrose is to stop selling Phillip Schofield's wine range which has been described as 'undrinkable' by the retailer's shoppers.

https://www.grocerygazette.co.uk/2022/10/26/waitrose-phillip-schofield/
It was supposed to be late vintage port but he couldn't be arsed to wait ;D

pxr5

This is our chosen puppy, hence the pink collar. We were asked to choose one when they were only 2 days old and basically just hairy worms lol. We did want a female so that left us with 4 to choose. One was a runt and another had a white chest, out of the other 2 one was slightly darker - so we chose her (to be honest any of them would have been fine). We've named her Bella and all going well she'll be ready to collect on 21st December:

"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Fishy

Been holding off getting smart meters.. glad I did .. another letter from e-on saying if u book in for new meters we'll credit ur account £50 per meter
Booked in for Dec 8th👍
From The Land of Honest Men

David L

Quote from: Fishy on November 08, 2022, 03:53:38 PMBeen holding off getting smart meters.. glad I did .. another letter from e-on saying if u book in for new meters we'll credit ur account £50 per meter
Booked in for Dec 8th👍
That £50 won't seem anywhere near enough, when they start rationing your energy  ;)

pxr5

Quote from: Fishy on November 08, 2022, 03:53:38 PMBeen holding off getting smart meters.. glad I did .. another letter from e-on saying if u book in for new meters we'll credit ur account £50 per meter
Booked in for Dec 8th👍
Cool, I've been holding out too. Hopefully EDF will be doing the same for me.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Nickslikk2112

I'll hold out until they stump up 50 grand...

captainkurtz

Smart meters are absolutely shite.  Their main purpose seems to be to lull you into the false impression that you no longer need to track your usage because the supplier will just collect the readings for you.  You'd be amazed how often they'll still spit out incorrect bill - and it's never incorrect in the customers favour.

Matt2112

Quote from: captainkurtz on November 09, 2022, 07:43:33 AMSmart meters are absolutely shite.  Their main purpose seems to be to lull you into the false impression that you no longer need to track your usage because the supplier will just collect the readings for you.  You'd be amazed how often they'll still spit out incorrect bill - and it's never incorrect in the customers favour.

Indeed; a few years ago it took me bringing an action through the Glasgow Sheriff's Court to force Scottish Power to pay out compensation for their utter mismanagement and negligence.

They settled before the case was heard - funnily enough - and suffice to say I haven't been near them since.

Their customer service got so bad at one time that Ofgen suspended their ability to canvass new customers.  And they have barely improved since - check out the endless list of apoplectic one-star reviews on Trustpilot.

captainkurtz

Scottish Power are abysmal.  In fairness, I find every utility company has varying levels of incompetence apart from Octopus - who are excellent.

David L

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on November 08, 2022, 07:05:24 PMI'll hold out until they stump up 50 grand...
I've just been offered a 3 meal box for two people and a free coffee once a month from Costa........P*ss off!

Slim

My brother has had some old cine film that he found in my mum's house digitised. I'm actually quite overwhelmed by what was on there, mainly from 50 years ago or more. There's some footage from the garden, and views of the house from back then that are really priceless.

Here's me riding my older brother's bike in the garden. It was a fixie. This must have been about 1971 I think. The other cyclist in the video is my little brother.

I must say I envy young James here, with all those decades of cycling left in his legs.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

captainkurtz

The Picnic Wasp

Still in a bit of shock to be honest. I noticed a very large hard lump on my dog Freddie's right elbow joint yesterday evening. He's only 21 months old but has St Bernard in his breed mix and I was aware that bone cancers are quite common in large breed dogs. I had a mostly sleepless night thinking how empty life would be without him as he's such a big personality. My sister took him to the vet first thing this morning and phoned me quickly to tell that first impressions were nothing sinister. They took fluid samples just to be safe but feel that it's a reaction to him being heavy (9 stones) and throwing himself down on hard surfaces too much. He sleeps on the tiled bathroom floor to stay cool. I've never had children, so can only try to imagine how stressful it can be if a dog can make me so fearful.

David L

I've just bought a Pioneer turntable circa 1976. Been lusting after a classic Pioneer for a while and a nice-looking PL-530 cropped up on ebay. A fully-automatic, direct-drive with strobe and a lovely s-shaped tonearm with detachable headshell. It's in lovely condition, considering it is nearly 50 years old.
Don't you just love it when you arrive to collect something and it exceeds your expectations?
  ;D