Main Menu

Football

Started by Slim, February 26, 2022, 07:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dom

Fabulous game of football (after 55 minutes anyway!)

dom

What a game! City probably a little unlucky not to get the 2 goal advantage Slim predicted

Slim

Thought this was quite funny.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

pxr5

And Wigan Athletic have eventually won League One and will be in The Championship next season. They made hard work of it at the end though, but what an achievement when they were so close to going down to League 2.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Slim

I think Liverpool will beat Villareal tonight, 2-0. The Spanish side were poor in the first leg.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Nope - first goal was always going to be either Game On or the proverbial mountain to climb, and it's Game On!

Even if it's level on aggregate at half time tonight though I would fancy Liverpool to come out on top.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Matt2112

Fantastic news: Bournemouth's Wales international - and former Halifax Town loanee - David Brooks has been given the all-clear after treatment for cancer. :D

Slim

Quote from: Slim on May 03, 2022, 08:21:02 PMEven if it's level on aggregate at half time tonight though I would fancy Liverpool to come out on top.

And it is. So let's see if I was right!
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

pxr5

Superb stuff from Liverpool.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Slim

Glad to see Scott Parker back in the Premier League.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Wow - two goals have turned the Real vs City encounter round in the space of two minutes! Absolutely gutting for the City fans if the Spanish side nicks this. Two goals up and minutes to go, and City let it slip through their hands.

Extra time ahoy
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Matt2112

Unbelievable, Jeff - City looked in total control.

Funny old game, Saint.

Slim

Well - before the game last night I thought that either City or Liverpool would win the whole shebang, but not Real. If City didn't beat them, Liverpool would, was my rationale. I'll stand by that.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Thenop

So tonight my team has a chance to reach the final of the latest UEFA Mickey Mouse cup: the Conference League. Exciting times!